Emmys and Censoship

@stealthy (8190)
So all the networks are reporting that possibly Sally Field was censored too much during her speech at the emmys. As far as I can tell after hearing the uncensored Canadian version on Good Morning America today that still had the curse word bleeped, there were only two words that got cut off at the end and those were obvious fron the context. GMA had Howard Kurtz in there recorded segment who accused Fox Network of censoring a "live news event." Well that is where I really think he is wrong and going too far because it wasn't a live news event, it was a live entertainment event, an awards show. I have quit watching most awards shows for the reason that I am not interested in listening to the award winners turn their acceptance speeches into political statements. Just like if I pay good money to go to a concert to hear music and the performers turn it into an unadvertised political platform, I will be very upset and want my money back. There are enough political statements slipped into TV shows as it is without out and out speeches like at the awards shows. If they do that, then I want equal time. What do you think?
@patgalca (14133)
• Orangeville, Ontario
It's freedom of speech and I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all. Frankly, I believe what Sally Fields said to be true. And there is nothing wrong with a mother hating war, especially when her children are fighting in those wars. I would rather hear speeches like that at awards shows than the thanks to everyone that we don't know or care about. Those I really get sick of. I don't think Sally Fields needed to be bleeped for the one word that can be construed as a cuss word but in a lot of cases you hear worse than that during daytime television. This was almost 11:00 at night where I live so I think the bleep was unwarranted. In fact, now that I think of it, the word was NOT censored during the live airing on the Canadian network. That is why I was surprised when I heard talk of Sally Fields being bleeped because I didn't remember her being bleeped. I remember hearing the words come out of her mouth loud and clear. Kudos to her.
@stealthy (8190)
I'm totally for freedom of speech but I can also choose what I watch and listen to and I don't want political speeches at what are supposed to be entertainment events where celebrities take advantage of their celebrity to spout their views. Let me up there to do the same if they are going to do it. I have always liked Sally Field as and actress but her almost incoheret rambling at the start of her acceptance was more a reason for her getting cut short than anything else, she just ran out of time.
@xfahctor (14126)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
I don't turn on Cspan to see music videos and I don't turn on Mtv to hear politics. I really wish these people would just shut the helll up and go back to acting/singing. Maybe if they all concentrated on their acting and singing, hollywood and the music industry wouldn't be turning out the crapp movies and music they have been lately.
@stealthy (8190)
Sounds like a good idea to me.