Help With MyLot Comments and Other Things...

Comments... - Comments...
@twoey68 (13662)
Ok, I've gotten alot of messages asking how to do comments on the comment page. Rather than keep sending out messages for it, I decided to put it here for those that don't know how. Be forwarned, I am not a pc techie...this is just how I figured it out. If anyone has any other helpful instructions for things on MyLot profiles or set up help, feel free to share it for those of us who don't know. So here goes. Here is a link: www.zangygraphics.com You start out by picking a comment pic that you'd like to use. Once you choose one you will notice a box next to it (or under it) that has a bunch of symbols and letters (the comment pic's code). You highlight this code and then go to one of your friends profiles and look for the comments from my friends box. In the upper corner you'll see the words add comment. Click on that and a box will open. Paste the code in it (if you want to add a siggy or message simply skip a line and type it in). When your done click on the add comment under the box and it will refresh the page and add the comment. Here's a couple of tips: When I do mine, I paste the code to a note pad and add a message and my siggies and then copy the whole thing. It looks like this: CODE GOES HERE Thank you for adding me!! **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~ It also makes it easy to change the codes if you want to change the pic. Just highlight the old code and paste the new one over it. Copy the whole thing and start pasting to your friends comment pages. Also most of your friends will probably have other comments with comment pics on them. If you click on the pic it will open the site where the pic came from and you can look for more pics and codes to use. Don't worry if it says its for MySpace pages...they work here too. Let me know if you need any more help or need me to explain anymore. Good Luck everyone!! Have Fun!! **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@mizrae (587)
What a great tip. While I knew how to do this, I didn't think about using "notepad" This will work for all the social networking sites where one can leave "comments". Thanks
@twoey68 (13662)
It does make it easier for me :) I'm glad I could share it. Thanks for responding!! **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@worldwise1 (14890)
It took some assistance from my granddaughter, twoey, but I finally learned how to do the comments some time ago. I often use that site, Glitterbell, or Webfetti for comments. I think they are so cute-and a nice way to say hello to your friends. Whenever I add a new friend I will post a comment on their page to welcome them(whenever possible). The problem I have is doing a background layout!
@twoey68 (13662)
Thank you for letting me know about those sites. I save several different notepads for different codes...welcome codes for new friends, thank you's for best response and random codes for have a great weekend. I can't wait till the Halloween tags come out. That and the rest of the holidays. Thanks for responding!! **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
Hello twoey68, Thank you for this very informative information. I finally figured this out by trial and error. You have described this very well, I'm sure this will be of extreme help to all of us newbies. You have answered so many of my questions in just this single post. For example, don't worry if it says myspace comment. While I was doing my trial and error, I was getting pretty frustrated by the whole thing. Again twoey, thanks for some very good information. Happy posting..
@twoey68 (13662)
I normally learn by trial and error too but thought I might save a few ppl the trouble and help them along. I'm glad you can use the info. Thanks for responding!! **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@jillhill (37354)
Thanks I have wondered how you do that! I appreciate the info!
@twoey68 (13662)
Have fun trying it out!! I'm glad you found it helpful. Thanks for responding!! **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@cassidy22 (2975)
Thanks for the tutorial! Using notepad or wordpad also lets you save the code, so you can pull it up if you want to add it to another board or myspace or whatever.That's pretty cool, I never thought of adding a picture to the comment boxes here! Thanks again.
@mouse27 (1156)
thats cool i'm still trying to figure out how to uplad photos in a discussion lol
@syndibee (799)
i wish i could do the copy and paste thing here. it gets frustrating when i write a long comment and my pc freezes up, i am able to copy the message before it's lost in cyber-wonderland but i can't paste it back into a new comment box because i have less than 500 posts. i guess mylot figures that if a person is able to type up 500 posts then they deserve the rite to copy and paste...but before then they still may abuse and just copy and paste crap instead of true comments. though in about 200 posts i'll be able to play with your input.
@twoey68 (13662)
Don't worry your not too far off from your 500. Good luck and now you have comments to look forward to also. AT PEACE WITHIN ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@ctrymuziklvr (11063)
Good job! I hope everyone who doesn't know how to do it now do.
@twoey68 (13662)
Yup, now everyone can add comments to their hearts content. AT PEACE WITHIN ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@gapeach65 (805)
Thank you for sharing the tip with those of us who didn't have a clue. I've always wondered how that was done or where the pictures came from. I know I wasn't one of the ones who asked about it, but I'm glad I saw your discussion about it and checked it out for myself. Thanks again.
@twoey68 (13662)
That's fine...I'm so glad that you've found it helpful. AT PEACE WITHIN ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@alamode (3073)
I'm glad I did all my messing up on myspace... it was great training!LOL! I even ended up with a page I could live with. My profile here needs a bit of work, but with all the great discussions, I don't get to it. You have done a good service here... the atmosphere will be improving!
@twoey68 (13662)
I hope MyLot will always be a fun and friendly place to be. I'm glad I could share this. Thanks for responding!! **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@MsTickle (24752)
Good for you Twoey...great instructions...I can actually already do this, it just takes ages...lol. It's about the only thing I can do. Some people do marvellous things with their profiles. I just can't follow the instructions for how to add backgrounds and do coloured sortie boxes etc, etc.
@Lakota12 (42794)
how cool thanks am sure this will help alot of people
@someonesmom (5768)
Hi twoey, Thank you so very much, for putting these 'detailed' instructions here. I know another person who's asked for help before, and although an answer was given, there wasn't enough explanation, and she remained in the dark. I'm happy to report that I tried this last night, and was thrilled when it 'actually' worked. I had a fun time going around leaving comments on some of my friend's pages. Now that I know how to do this, I'll be able to help my 'friend' that I mentioned. Thanks again.:)