Dream a Little Dream

Here is a recording on SingSnap that I did this morning. It is in my morning voice so I am still a little cracky. Guess I should have waited until my allergies had subsided and I had time to wake up. I have always loved Mama Cass and her version of Dream a Little Dream. Here is my rendition: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchandlisten/play/abec8f7a
@Debs_place (10551)
Wow...that is great, you could fill in for Cass Elliott anytime, you are good. I am green - with envy. Your cat is better then me.
Thank you. I have always enjoyed Cass Elliott. She was one of the best.
@Debs_place (10551)
Absolutely...you know your singing has been playing through my head all day. Here it is , how many hours later..and I can still hear it. The funny thing is that I had another ear worm before this that was also a Cass Elliott song..I don't remember the name..I can give you some words..maybe you can do it next. I don't feel altar bound and starry eyed. I just feel a deep contentment deep inside, Holding you at night Just seems kind of natural and right And it is not hard to see that it isn't half of what is gonna turn out to be And it getting better, growing stronger.... ANd I lose it after that.
I looked this one up and it is good song. I will have to see if they have the music for it.
@thefortunes (2368)
• Netherlands
Wow Elusive, my compliments to you and I loved how you sing this marvelous song :) and heard you kitty singing too ;) Power to you and you definitely ROCK! TheFortunes
Itty appears to love to join in on the fun. She joined me when I was practicing another tune.
@Cammeel1 (372)
You have a beautiful voice Elusive! The video wasn't very good but you sure sounded great!
Thank you. My webcam isn't the greatest. I have always had problems with it.
@worldwise1 (14890)
You have nothing to be ashamed of as far as the quality of your voice goes, Elusive! And, that just happens to be one of my favorite songs. You did a beautiful job with it. I was wondering if you ever sing at public functions? You really have a nice, strong voice.(:
I do not sing in public. My daughter does. She has performed on several occasions. I can't wait to get her on the site.
@Polly1 (12650)
WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That made me smile, thanks. Thats a nice way to wake up. You did a good job, I heard the kitty in the background. I am going to have to explore this site more, it looks like a lot of fun. Happy weekend to you.
I love doing Karaoke, but am a bit shy about standing in front of a crowd. This is a perfect way to do it.
@owlwings (38259)
• Cambridge, England
Go, go, go! You have a nice voice, dear ... and Itty does a lovely throaty backing ... reminds me of that piano player who always hummed along to his playing (what was his name?) Now, if my agency wasn't so full to overflowing, already (my life!) we could maybe talk about a little act (with the cat ... must have the cat!)
She has a lovely meow. Always tries to steal the show.
@sunshinecup (7882)
5 stars all the way!!! OMG that was just too good! I love your back up and I so could hear your kitty! You did wonderful and I can't waite to hear more! Thanks for the link, great job! Just wonderful!
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
That sounded very pretty you done a wonderful job.
Thanks a bunch. I still feel it was lacking. I am not a professional by any means, but it is fun.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
It looked like a lot of fun.
You should give it a try!
@someonesmom (5768)
Hi ElusiveButterfly, Wow, what a nice surprise. You've got a lovely voice, and your kitty ... too cute! I really do love the 'oldies,' and have always loved The Mamas and Papas. I hope you're able to get your daughter to do that duet with you. I've never heard of this site, but I'm going to let my daughter know about it, as she loves to sing. Thanks.
Ceece has quite a voice. I know she would love doing this. I am sure I can get her to do a duet with me too.
I'll look forward to hearing your duet.:)
Thank you for sharing it was VERY good I really enoyed it. I wish I could sing that well. I imagine your clients love to hear you sing although they would probably not hear your kitty cat "harmonizing" in the background LOL.
I wish that the clients would play music when I am in their homes. Many do not play music nor have the television on. I would probably break out in song if they did.
@kgwat70 (13398)
I am listening to your recording right now. You have a very lovely voice. You should try out for one of those singing shows like American Idol. Very nice song as well that you sang. I would not dare to record my voice and publish it. :-) Glad that you enjoy singing.
Hi Ken. Glad to see you drop by! You don't have to record your voice and play it for the world to hear. You can practice and if you like the way it sounds you can save it for others to hear.
@KarenO52 (2951)
What a treat! You have an beautiful voice, and Dream a Little Dream is my favorite Cass Eliot. I hope you do some more of these.
I do intend to record more. It is a really fun site. Thank you to Sunshinecup for posting about it.
@Eskimo (2329)
I've always liked this song, now I've got a new singer to listen to, Or should I say two singers, including the cat. Go for it, with a wee bit of training you could have a future singing.
My daughter has had professional training. I doubt I will ever go that far. She is great.
@Feona1962 (7529)
Oh Elusive, that was absolutely wonderful...And Itty is such a good back up singer...LOL..Thank you so much for sharing with us...Very, very nice...
Thanks Feona. It was fun to do this and I am anxious to do another. Hopefully my back up singer will be available.
@Stiletto (4597)
Wow! What a great voice - I love that song as well and you did a really good job on it. Very well done. You must post and let us know when you record some more.
I enjoyed doing this piece and have been working on a Patsy Cline tune.
@reeseyj (906)
That was buetiful.
Thank you for taking the time to check it out and leaving a response.
@suscan (1959)
Very Nice.You did a good job. I could hear your back up vocalist getting her two cents in.
I tried another song later on and Itty joined me again. I think it is her second nature.
@Modestah (11195)
what an absolute Treat, Elusive butterfly! thank you for sharing your talent - it takes me a long long long time to get videos loaded as I am on a very stalled dial up connection... but let me tell you it was well worth the wait. cute on the Itty!
Thank you so much for your comments. I was just thinking about this site just the other day. I was hoping to get my daughter to do a duet with me. Maybe one day I will succeed in getting her here to do it!
@Modestah (11195)
be sure to let us know if it happens!
@gabs8513 (48803)
I have already been there and I loved it you certainly have a lovley singing voice Well done
Dank je ( thank you in Dutch )
@sjohnson628 (3197)
WOW! you have a great voice! I think it came out awesome! Have you ever sang in a band or entered karaoke contests?
I am not the performer in my family. My daughter is hoping to get a band started up so she can promote her talent.