Please Send Prayers

My father advised me today that he has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. He has already had something called a "radiation seed" implanted in his prostate gland. It's a newer technology, that releases small amounts of radiation every day, rather than going to radiation treatments that would amount to 35 to 40 visits. His urologist encouraged this, because he believes it's better than the radiation treatments. I feel sort of numb right now, like the information just hasn't sunk in. My father is 74, and my mother is already frail and in pretty bad health. He's spent his whole life trying to protect her and look out for her. I'm an only child, and right now, and for several years now, I really wish I had a sibling to help out.
@terrych (1227)
I am praying for your dad, and your family! So far enjoy them now that you have them, live everyday at if was the last... and you are going to be happy!
Thank you so much. And like you said, I enjoy the fact that I've had them this long. I'm truly blessed in that respect.
@terrych (1227)
God Bless you and your family!
@asgtswife04 (2482)
I will definitely be praying for you and your family. I know it's tough when things like that happen. just keep faith that everything will work out the way it's supposed to.
I am working to keep my faith going and I do have a great support group in my family and friends, including you guys here at MyLot. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts.
@theprogamer (10543)
Cblack I know none of us can physically help you... but I'm still sending my thoughts, love, strength and prayers. Just call out and we'll support you if its within our power. It maybe hard, but please get some rest. You are no good to your family when you are exhausted and stressed. I'll keep sending my prayers and thoughts to your family. I don't know what else to do, but I do what you all to pull through this.
Bless you for thinking about me and my family. I'm not too terribly stressed because I've turned this over to God and asked him to handle it for me. Maybe you've heard the saying, "Let Go And Let God". That's what I have to do in this situation. Thanks again for your encouragement and concern.
@wisedragon (2331)
prayer - our prayers are with you
Cancer is usually treatable if detected early. I have prayed that the Lord lay His healing hands upon your father. May you also have the strength to take care of your parents.
Bless you. All prayers are welcome. I especially thank you for your prayer for strength for me.
@poohgal (6848)
Hello there. I'll pray for your daddy. Please be strong as you still need to take care of your parents and comfort them. It's inevitable for them to feel sad and down. It's important for your daddt to remain strong and positive if he wants to win the battle. I am sure he will. God bless you!
Thanks. You know, when he told me, I didn't let myself cry in front of him nor my mother. I love them both so much, but I realize that we can't keep the people we love forever. But my job is to help them as much as I can, and love them as much as I can. I really appreciate your prayers and any words of kindness. He's a very strong person with a positive attitude