America's Player revealed... was sort of lame

@vivasuzi (4125)
Ok, bare with me guys... I've been on vacation and I'm catching up with my chatting now:) First, when they revealed America's Player, was it just me or was Eric scared out of his mind that Jessica would hate him? Personally, I think she has good reason! Here's the deal. They said that Eric HAD to do that stuff, but the only thing he HAD to do was vote. If he didn't ignore Jessica during that silent treatment, and didn't put mustard on the pillow, he would not have gotten kicked off the show... he just wouldn't have won the money. Second, did I miss something or did they not announce that Eric won money for completing those tasks? They made it sound like he was just doing what America wanted, had no choice in the matter whatsoever, and didn't get anything out of it. I think knowing he made money makes a big difference b/c it really shows that if he wanted to talk to Jessica that day, he could have, he just would have failed winning that 1 task. So, what do you guys think about how it all went down? I for one was annoyed b/c Eric started acting all innocent like he was FORCED to mimic ED, ignore Jess, put mustard on the pillow, etc. But really, he could have skipped any of those tasks if he reallllly didn't want to do them. Only thing he had no control over was voting.
@raychill (6530)
I was pretty ticked at how they revealed America's player. Mostly due to what you said. They really played it off like Eric was this good guy. They didn't mention at all that he won money for doing these tasks. That ticked me off. So no one knows that he got 40,000 dollars even though he didn't win. he got almost as much as daniele who made it till the final 2. bah! that makes me mad. I think that he was scared about Jessica. I hope she smartens up and they have nothing to do with each other. Erics' a piece of crap!
@vivasuzi (4125)
Yeah I'm right there with you. Although the other responses said they didn't think the other houseguests looked mad, to me they did look a little ticked that Eric did that stuff. No one really laughed about it nor said "woah Eric, can't believe you did that". I think it only showed how convincing Eric was and how he talked so many people into voting off/going against their friends! He may have been given the task, but the fact that he completed a lot of them so well showed me that he was a pretty good liar. Yeah they should have said how much money he made... I would have liked to see their reactions to THAT! Although I liked Eric at times in the house, I really didn't like his reaction to this. They had a video tape where he explained he was AP, but he was sitting there watching as if it's the first time he found out about it. If it were me, and I had fooled everyone, I think I would have reacted much more excitedly instead of trying to convince Jessica that he really isn't a bad guy. If it were me, I would have been like "that's right, I fooled you all, and made money off of you... hahahahaha! That's right, I got Dustin voted off and convinced you all to vote against him... hahahahaha :)" But instead he was like "i would never have done that if I didn't HAVE to" Oh well, I don't know how he is in the outside world, but he seemed very sneaky to me in the finale. I'd love an update in a month to see what happens with those two... as well as what happens with ED and Dani.
@raychill (6530)
I don't know if you ever saw my responses to babyangie, but I pretty much disliked Eric from the beginning. But you're exactly right. I probably would have been all like "look what I got to do and I made 40,000 dollars to do it bahahahaha how do you like them puppies!" ha ha. The video he made was horrible because yeah, he made himself out to be all sorts of innocent! He really didn't have to do anything. I kept insisting, when the whole mysterious Kail votes surfaced, that Eric could have admitted he did it and just made up some reason to do it that wouldn't have made him out to be a bad guy instead of just being quiet about it. cause that led to the break-up of the late night crew anyway. plus people started to not trust him. I think a lot of the reaction was just because it was live and no one had a lot of time to react. You know? like I'm sure later they were like WTF! ha ha. If it wasn't for the fact that I wanted the Donatos to win, I would have been super mad with the entire finale!
Yeah I was frustrated with the entire season, and especially how it turned out in the end. I didn't like the idea of America's player, and though I started rooting for him to win, it just got very annoying in the end. I really hope that it is not something that gets brought back for future seasons.
@vivasuzi (4125)
i dont know whether it will or not. CBS may look at their site and see all the people fighting over who they want Eric to vote for and think "great! we are causing a lot of ppl to love the show." Alternatively they may look at this and say "oh no, this is getting out of hand". Anyway, I don't know how they could do it in future seasons b/c everyone would be looking out for it and expecting it who is on the show.
@Laurla98 (786)
I noticed that they didn't tell anyone that he made money off of it. Maybe CBS didn't want to cause a huge madness on tv...who knows. They'll find out anyways. So I don't think it matters how they find out. In all fairness...no matter who had been AP, they would have felt that they HAD to perform the tasks. And ignoring Jessica wasn't completed anyways. He tried...but didn't succeed. I don't think he really played it out like he was forced...I think CBS did. They showed everything he was supposed to do. I don't think anyone was really mad at him because they would have all done the same thing. I thought it was kind of funny to see the look on Dustin and Ambers faces when they realized it was America that voted them out.