Compare and contrast Helium and myLot, please.

@miamilady (4924)
I've heard of helium, but I have not visited yet. I am wondering how is helium like myLot and how is it different. Would you recommend that I sign up? Is it paid to post site? Thanks for your help!
@ailema4ever (2675)
• Finland
Well, in Helium basically there are thousands of topics to pick. If you find an interesting one, you have to write an article min. 200 words. Then your article'll be rated against others in the same topic. If your rating is good, then you'll get more per article. If your rating is bad for that certain article (if it gets to the bottom rank), then after some time it'll get deleted. So basically in Helium you really need to write better than others 'coz anybody can rate your article compared to others (of the same topic). You'll receive your earning per article (I think so far the most you can get per article is $0.05 - at least that's what I get so far for my top articles). But there are also contests every now and then where you can get up to $75 per article IF they rate your article as the best one. There are also projects where you can pick a topic and follow the client's guidelines and if they like your article, they can pay you per article (depends on the client, they can pay you a lot). If you're interested in writing and learning to write better articles, then go ahead and sign up. You'd better pay attention to your spelling and all that in Helium. Otherwise others won't like reading your articles. I think Helium and MyLot are two very different sites he he he he...
• Finland
WHOOPS!!! Correction...I just checked my Helium earnings and actually I got $0.06 for one article...so dunno how much you can really get per article if it gets to the top five, but the bottom line is, the earning system is much slower updated than MyLot IMO ('coz people have to rate articles first before they're calculated in dollars) he he he...
@Tarrish (562)
I think mylot is easier because you can discuss things you enjoy without having to worry about your post being a certain length and so on. Mylot seems just more casual and fun, while helium is more structured. It just depends how much you honestly like to write, and how well you are at it.
@pyewacket (44041)
Helium is in no way like MyLot...while here one can respond or initiate discussions, helium is mainly for people who write articles, and the pay isn't so hot...It all depends on how many "hits" a person gets for reading the articles you've done. I've only made a few bucks there in a six month period. Now if you're really serious about article writing, Associated Content is the way to go...I have about twenty articles I've written there, and you can get paid several bucks outright plus paid for the "hits" your article receives --you can get anywhere from $4 to nearly eight dollars just for one article..not bad I think, and much better than Helium
Thank you for asking this question.I signed up but I haven't written anything.But now I have read the other posts, I don't think I'll start. Thanks .
@jillhill (37399)
I signed up for it and did it once and quit. I personally didn't like it at all. I think the people that are here at mylot are more friendly and I really like the discussion. On Helium I got my article written and posted and had to try to grade about 50 or more others and it took so long I felt it was a total waste of time. That's just my opinion.