Does it bother you when you hear people take God's name in vain?

Does it bother you when you hear people take God's name in vain? Yes, it bothers me a lot. As a Christian, I think it is very wrong. Some people do it without thinking and it is their nature. Others do it because they are bitter. There are probably other reasons, too.
@gwendovere (1283)
Yes, sometimes. But I have to admit that I do it too. :(
At least you see it and can work on it.
@asgtswife04 (2482)
i can't stand to hear the Lord's name being taken in vain. I wait for lightning to strike when i hear it. People have taken something good and turned into something bad...as usual. I, myself, am a Christian. I struggle because my husband, being in the army, says it quite often and I have to continually get onto him about it. we have a 17 month old daughter that is starting to pick up words and that is one i never want hear come out of her mouth.
I agree completely. It is good that you care about the foundation your daughter has. Not everyone does.
@KarenO52 (2951)
It uses to bother me a lot, but I've realized that most people don't really mean it. If they would stop and think about what they're doing, they might not take the Lord's name in vain so readily. I have to admit, I've done it myself occasionally, though I try to catch myself, sometimes it just slips out.
At least you try not to, and that is always a good start.
@Anniedup (3652)
• Richards Bay, South Africa
I must admit and hang my head in shame as I am very guilty. With me it is a very nasty habit, that I will definitely like to get rid of.
As I pray for my bad habits, I will pray for yours, too!
@applsofgld (2506)
Yes, it does bother me. More than just bothers me, it actually "hurts" me to hear that. I know what was sacrificed so that I can live and have eternal life through Jesus Christ my Savior, and it hurts me deeply to hear His name taken in vain. Some use it like it's sugar rolling off their tongue and it's not, it's vile and disrespectful. Yes, some are bitter and blame God for their circumstances, God is not the one to cause pain and evil occurrences, He guides us through it and walks with us and eases the pain whenever He can. Great discussion my friend.
I agree 100 percent.