Is it the Flu or something else?

I have been so sick for the last cpl of weeks now..It's just getting worse then getting better....My body hurts so bad that I can hardly even walk..it feels like every bone in my body is breaking. I can't sit up for long periods of time I can hardly hold my head up. I have to have a pillow to hold my head...And the worse headache ever and it doesn't let up...I can't eat cause my stomache cramps so bad it feels like labor pains it gets so bad....And I can't get enough sleep at all! I will sleep like a few hrs then I can get up for like a half an hr and I'm ready to go back to bed and I do and I sleep for a few more hrs... I have went to the Drs and they said they think it's just the flu....Well I went back Last Friday and they ended up taking blood work for my liver and kindneys...They weren't gonna see me again until this Friday but I was even more sick over the weekend and today I had to call them to see if they could see me sooner..So I go back tomorrow...I hope they give me something for it casue I can't handle this...The Drs hasn't even put me on any meds yet...But I can't be this sick cause I do have 3 daughters to take care of..I have had family and friends come in and take care of me and the girls...Does this sound liek the flu to you? I have had the flu before and I have never been this sick at all...Does anyone have any clue that might be wrong with me??
@wotfpatty (2068)
You may have mononucleosis. I had it and felt like I was dying for 6 weeks. I slept all the time and everything was wrong. Not one thing felt good. However, the doctors should be able to test for mono. It stinks because it lasts so long and there is no cure but to wait it out. The good thing is you rarely get it twice. You may want to ask if your symptoms sound like mono. It doesn't sound like the flu. It has lasted too long, IMO. Glad you are getting medical treatment!
@speakeasy (4215)
FYI, I had a neighbor's wife who had a similar problem - started with a cold and then became meningitis! That was very painful and because it is not common in adults over age 25, half the time they don't think to test for it in older people. A lot of other diseases can also get a foothold in your body when you have a cold or the flu; because, they can weaken the immune system. Your comment about it getting worse, then better, and now worse again would lead a person to believe you started with one problem and then when you were starting to recover got infected with something else. If I were you; I would go to the ER. You will see different doctors. If they don't seem to have a clue, have them check for meningitis just in case.
@lightningMD (5933)
Well it sure doesnt sound like the flu to me. If the doctor doesnt help you soon I'd go to see someone else. You have been sick to long with this. Good luck I hope you feel better soon.