Have you trained your Cat to use a Toilet?

Was it difficult to do? Please share how you did this & if your cat prefers a toilet or a litter box.
@crazynurse (7510)
I have never tried to train my cat to use the toilet. I did have a friend in highschool whose cat would use the toilet. By the time I met her the cat had long since been trained, so I am not sure how she did it. It was amazing to see that cat use the toilet! Sorry I can't help in terms of technique, just wanted to say that I know it can be done!
@lilaclady (28270)
I am very lucky with my cat, he always asks to go out so I don't need kitty litter but I can't take the credit as he adopted me so his pevious owner must have taught him, when I am asleep he jumps up on the side table and gently taps on my pillow...so cute...
@pendragon (3354)
I didnt do it, the cat just started, one day at nine years old, at least that was the first time I'd caught her, so who knows, I just walked in one day and there she waas on the toilet.If only she could have taught the others and learned how to flush!
@nancyrowina (3852)
I didn't know a cat could use a toilet I'm amazed to read that they can. I remember reading an edition of the freak brothers comic where Fat Freddy tries to teach his cat to use the toilet but fails,and the cat ends up using the lid of the toilet. My cats both use a litter tray and seem happy with that.
@jennybianca (12918)
No, my cat has not been trained to use antoilet. As she is 7 years old, it would be too late. I have heard that now that it is possible to toilet train young cats using a series of small toilet lids. Both my cats use the litter box.
@TerryZ (22146)
No I havent. And I wouldnt know the first thing in training my cats to use the toliet. I have their litter box in the bathroom so when Im on the toliet one of them will come in use the litterbox and the same time.LOL
@anniepa (26468)
No, but I'd love to know HOW to train them to use the toilet! If anyone here has managed to do this PLEASE share! I've seen it on TV but I don't know how it's done, but my kitties are very smart (of course) so if knew the methods of training them I know they could do it. Annie