Starting the week fustrated & really cool tissues.

Totally venting... so I've spent all weekend with a really severe cold. I swear I'm always the first to pick up the start to cold & flu season the moment fall starts. Which is why I haven't really kept up my discussions, which I'll try and get done for a bit today. Well my mom, who's been a source of 98% of my fustrations since she was diagnosed with type two diabeties two weeks ago and basically refused to eat right, she decided that my being sick and needing someh help was not cool. So not only did I spend Friday into the wee hours frosting cupcakes (while sneezing like crazy, not a pretty picture right?) that she had baked for an old neighbors imaginary family reunion. We made about 6 dozen for her. There's this lady we used to live by who is bipolar and a skitofraniac(sp?) who is drunk 24/7 and doesn't take meds. Every month is her "birthday" and my mom has to bake her a cake or the lady will go to her job demanding it. Well all of a sudden she was having a family reunion for 45 people. This lady has no family. We feel bad for her and she's a sweet old lady when she's sober and sane. Well after all that, the lady was gone for the weekend so we've had 6 dozen frosted cupcakes sitting in a house with someone who is in denile about being diabetic and has the biggest sweet tooth! And today Ms. Sweet Tooth is in a majorly crabby mood towards just me and my being sick. I asked for some coffee and it's like I was asking her to go to England and reterieve the Queen's 1st born. I got no coffee and got cr@p for sleeping till noon. Well I was up until 1am going through some recipes so I could put together a menu and a shopping list for this month that was diabetic friendly since we were supposed to go shopping today. Plus I'M SICK!!! She's still in her pj's! Then she gets on the phone to someone back home and says that she's been stuck in the house all weekend with some crazy cold. What?!? So onto the cool tissues! OMG so Puffs Plus With Lotion now makes it with Vicks!! It's really strong and DO NOT use in your eyes but when you blow your nose with it, it leaves the scent of vicks in your nose and helps you breathe. I love Vicks so this totally rocked for me and made my horrible cold a lot more friendly. Venting done.... off to the discussions!
Wow no wonder I didn't see you around over the weekend! So have you recovered fully? I hope you are getting better and better and soon get to the 100% state. I am sorry to hear your Ms Sweet Tooth's story, sometimes my mom is like that too! And I don't really know why they could be annoyed when we are sick! I anticipate something not very fun tomorrow as I will be going to the dentist and bug her to pull my wisdom tooth out. My mom insisted to go with me and I thought that was weird because she would be doing nothing but wait. Then I am sure she would say something really "weird" on the way back home or something. Sometimes I prefer to go through the sickness and pain alone!
I am almost all better, thanks. I just have a bit of the sniffles now and cold sweats, which is really annoying and I keep switching my fan on and off. I was going to go to bed early but somebody called and really got me thinking. I don't know why mother's can be that way sometimes? I think they just don't like to see their children ill and feel like they can't do anything to make it better. She finally calmed down, I think she's just stressed out as well. Good luck at the dentist! I'm on my way to the shower and then to bed.
Thanks, you have a great night and get to that 100% tomorrow!
@salam1 (1475)
I have not a good start too. not because of cold or anything like that but i have an assignment that suppose to be submitted yesterday. i am a student. i think i need more time... About your cold I suggest you take honey as supplement. one spoon plus a glass of warm water, once in the morning and evening, and maybe one more at night. it does wonders, increases your strength and hopefully your antibody too. and for most people vitamin c also help preventing common winter sickness.. good luck
Thanks, I've been drinking a lot of tea and sweetening it with honey and it does help. Good luck with your assignment.
@pyewacket (43962)
Vent away dear friend, vent away--LOL Are all mom's nuts or something...LOL--My mom was in a way like yours...She would get so annoyed if I DARED to get sick---She'd still expect me to carry on and do everything even though all I felt like doing was crawl back into bed..especially all the cleaning I had to do when we had so many cats. I'd be knocking myself cleaning during one of my bad bouts of bronchitis and sounding like Darth Vadar breathing while she just sat on her buns watching me clean--My friend used to kid me saying I should get a bag of popcorn or something so she could munch on something as she watched the daily Broadway show I was performing..mmm....what would the name of the show be? The Bedraggled Housecleaner? LOL Unless her docs were all a$$holes, I suspected my mom may have been diabetic, but never properly diagnosed as she had one wicked sweet tooth too! Hey, eat a lot of chicken soup, with a lot of garlic, or even get those garlic pills...garlic is nature's anti-biotic! Couldn't hurt..hehe
I totally forgot about garlic, I use it for my asthma but I haven't been taking it lately. You know what popcorn is a great idea, lol. I know how you feel. I got fustrated and just plopped down on the couch too, I can so out sit anyone, lol. Now she's stuck on 4 yr old sugar rush mode, in that "I'm not touching you" way like the kid on tv. I don't know which is worse? She's busy in the kitchen now though and I've escaped upstairs for a while with my vicks tissues, lol.
• Marion, Kansas
You and I have similarly nutty families. Your mom is crabby because her blood sugar is out of whack, OR she is just naturally crabby, but you could blame it on the blood sugar. I get sinus headaches, but so far, no colds, no need for Puff's plus, but they sound neat. Probably not good to clean glasses with, though. Maybe instead of making this diet for her, you need to tell your mom that it is for you, and she needs to help you plan a diet because you are the one who needs to change your way of eating. Kind of twisted, but it might work. Lots of things to consider besides low sugar, low carbs. It is good to be lower salt and low fat, as hardening of the arteries is really bad for diabetics, too. I love to roll lean meat and fresh veggies in tortillas, instead of sandwiches. You can even heat them up. Good luck.
Thanks! I think it's the sugar that's got her being little miss crabby pattie today because yesterday pre-cupcake binge she was fine. I've changed my diet as well, I needed to anyhow so that does make it easier. No I don't think you'd want to clean your glasses or anything but your nose witht hose Puffs, lol. They're not fun anymore when they get near your eyes, which is everytime I blow my nose since I have like the world's smallest nose, lol. I have a lot of sinus issues lately too, must be the changing weather.