Anyone Feel Like a Thread Killer?

@theprogamer (10539)
Just had to post this one. There are times on mylot I do feel like I just kill the discussion. I don't mean to, I just post comments I want people to consider or I pose questions for consideration. All too often though, it does seem like a good thread ends with me from time to time. I don't post anything stupid, I don't break rules, but still, the thread just ends. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it. Anyone else have this kind of feeling on mylot? Or if not mylot then other social sites, forums, blogs. I just want to see some perspectives on the matter. Have a good night and happy mylotting.
I've often thought the same thing when I check the discussions I've responded to and see that I am still the last responder days, sometimes weeks later. Don't fret it, Gamer, it's all good.
@theprogamer (10539)
Shannon usually you are posting dang good and you put so much to consider that others are overwhelmed by the posting. The rest of us just sit back and enjoy it because we can't match it (you've already said it, took it to the bank and profited). *me bows to the better poster*
hahaha, you rock, don't kid yourself! *me bows back to the Gamer the Great*
Well maybe that has been your experience because I know you state things in a pragmatic way that asks people to think outside the box. In my view that is great..I welcome your comments when you've dropped by perspectives and always will. Personally I like opposing views...even if I do not agree with them. As a writer and communicator in my regular work along with doing group facilitation and public speaking with my hubby we both are used to having dialogs with people who see things differently. That is a good thing. So those who do not add anything to what you have said...maybe they are intimidated or cannot come up with something useful. I did have that happen on a couple of sites where fundamentalist religious views were being presented. No added anything to any comment I made. I assumed they either did not agree...could not come up with a counter-position..or I made them uncomfortable. Well...such is life. So if you are thinking that you kill a discussion...maybe you are...or maybe all has been said. Whatever it is...who cares? You have some great talking points...and if people cannot handle it...I guess they just leave it alone. In my view just keep doing what you do...it is all part of your charm!LOL Raia
@theprogamer (10539)
Thanks Raia. I'm gonna keep on either way. Some may get rattled and I can give it all I can, but I don't want to stop. I'm not backing down either.
@alamode (3073)
I would take that to mean my answer is the acme!LOL! There are times when the subject is pretty well covered, and no one else has anything new to add... don't take it personally... and there is always the chance that the discussion will pick up at a later date. I don't think anything is ever really over here!
@theprogamer (10539)
Hah, I think you're right Ala. I'm responding to reborn threads from 9, 10 and 12 months ago all of them I really wanted to respond to, or they were recently brought back. So really I think your response says it all.
I find your comments give more momentum to the discussion, sometimes a new angle to consider. I don't think you are a thread killer, althought I've felt the same way at times.
@theprogamer (10539)
Thanks Ambie. I know on a couple of subjects I'm touchy and I'll go berserk but other than that I try to post some reasonable points or I just post some answers to help/problem threads (and those I'm fine if I'm the last word on it). Thanks for the vote of confidence Ambie!
@3lilangels (4639)
well my friend,i wouldnt consider you a thread killer at all.i love your discussions and i love your reponces.you always put very well thought out replies into them and its greatly appreciated.keep up the great work and never put yourself in that catergory of a thread killer.your a great writer my friend.
@theprogamer (10539)
*blush* Thanks 3lil. Thanks so much. Its great to have such support it really is. I'm quite convinced I was curious (yes a little worried too ;p) over nothing big :)
LOL you are not the only one hun. The threads never die they only fade away for a while
@theprogamer (10539)
If we ever get signatures Recycled Goth. I'm quoting you on this :D
@raijin (10373)
Hope nobody gets offended, but it does happen to me. It seems that some of the posts are just made for me, waiting for my answer then receive "best response" mark and then "cut!" There are even those of which I never thought would end because of me, because there are times that I am also not that convinced of my posts. But anyhow, I am still thankful that I somehow helped them in some ways or so..
@theprogamer (10539)
Man, if anyone got offended over this topic, I'd hate to see them at the shark end of the mylot pool. =p Thanks for sharing the experience Raijin. If it makes you feel better, sometimes I do think some discussions seem to be fitted for your BR. A little too suspicious... Hmm... (kidding).
@anniepa (27238)
No, you're not a thread killer! I always look forward to your posts, whether I'm in agreement with you or not you always add something to any discussion. Maybe you just leave some people speechless...or fingerless or typeless, what would it be??? I'm at a loss for words...lol Annie
@theprogamer (10539)
Thanks for inputing on this Annie! I'm glad I've also got some words of support from you too. I think I'll keep on posting on the hot buttons, and also post on what really matters to me (whether it comes across strong, belligerent or however it comes across). Of course, I won't stop with the humorous responses either. Sad thing is, thinking about humor, I think some of that is what killed a few threads in my path
@drannhh (15227)
I don't think so! I'm so egotistic that if it happened, though, I probably wouldn't even notice. Is this really happening? Now you make me want to go back and look at discussion I've given a reply.
@theprogamer (10539)
There's a couple I know I destroyed due to how "high end" my response was. Others I posted some very long responses with a lot in them, but really it takes people a few days to really respond to it. Dran, looking at this, it could be a matter of impatience on my end :D
Gamer, I just think your being a bit paranoid here....hehe Im sure its just how its working out and nothing to do with what you said. Your comments are ALWAYS very sympathetic and kind, and you always make good points for people to focus on. I know this is not bringing you down any, your too good for that! myLot on Gamer, myLot on! lol Bay xx
@theprogamer (10539)
Some of my comments are a little more firebrand but that is because I want to make a stand when something is wrong or when I disagree. I am of course able to step back and calm it a bit if needed. And yes Bay it does seem like I play more of a Dr. Pro helpbook role on mylot than anything. I couldn't be any happier doing it :) Thanks again Bay. I'm gonna keep being me and keep on going. Some like it, some dont (obvious picture if one looks at my star). I'm still gonna go and post on. I find it great. Even if I kill a few threads its not that bad. Some threads are really just resolved not killed, like help threads, family threads, (ironically)parenting threads, and prayer threads. I'm glad if I'm able to help people out with their problems.
You know what Gamer? I think the star matches beautifully with your avatar picture! Thats why its that color! ;) Most these people couldnt recognize a "good hearted" person if they lived in the same friggin house together! Bay xx
@ciades (1624)
???NO, You'r not a thread killer progs. I like the way you responded. Actually i learned some new words from you. And also i learned some new things. Keep it up! happy posting:)
@theprogamer (10539)
*waves* Thanks for that Cia!
@Flight84 (3050)
Are you talking about to other people's threads? I don't think you kill them. I look forward to reading your responses. I think you give thoughtful, humorous answers. I think you're overthinking, pro. Don't worry. At least you know my sister and I look forward to your responses.:P
@theprogamer (10539)
Thanks Flight. Maybe thats one thing I could do in my discussions and responses. A bit more humor. Sometimes even I'm feeling drained with the more serious topics and responses (to even more serious discussions). Alright!! That's it! Activating 120% humor!! Thanks again Flight, and if you run into her, tell Cait thanks too!
I have noticed that if one joins an intense discussion and make an intelligent response you make enemies and your reputation declines rapidly. That is one of the reasons I do not spend as much time on this site as I once did. I get tired of just responding to "fluffy" discussion so as to remain semi popular and not piss anyone off.
@theprogamer (10539)
Thanks for the input Heather. And some of that was how I felt about it. Other times I know I'm posting intelligent responses, comments and questions. Some of them don't "kill" a thread but it sure does make enemies. And then there are opinions that are completely counter to the entire thread, sometimes that earns no love from some mylotters. I'm still going to post how I want though. I'll respond to any thread I want be it fluffy, mild, medium or urban warzone.
Thread Killer? a new word and i know what you mean sometimes it does happen LOL but very rare and i never found you to be 'thread killer' your responses seem to be well thought out. I have read some of your discussions though i have not replied Like the one about people calling you 'grandpa' LOL but if it happens many times i guess it makes you wonder but let that NOT stop you answering discussions :)
@theprogamer (10539)
Grandpa!?
Yup, t's me too. I even posted a discussion about it, wondering if I'm boring or what. A friend responded saying I must just be the brilliant mind that posts the best response, therefore no one else can add anything after me :) I liked that answer and went with it. Maybe that's you as well.... How much you wanna bet no one answers this one after me???
@joimarquez (1840)
hehehe...i dont think i am a thread killer. usually when i reply to a discussion and the owner comments on my post when i go back and look on it...i always see 2 to 3 pages after my post. i actually have a charm with discussions...(i think)...you dont know you might get lucky hehehe
@kiobug (2250)
I think a thread killer would be someone who turns the discussion into a fight or makes it go in the wrong direction. If they end on your comment maybe you just had the right answer and no one else felt that they could give a better response. : )
I feel like I usually add something to or extend a discussion. The only time I feel like I might be part of the problem is if the topic is about, well, money ha ha.