When you rate something with a +...

Why do you do it? Is it because they agree with you? Is it because they were nice? Or do you just do it to be nice? When I rate people with a "+", I do it because they were helpful, friendly, and used good grammar. I rarely rate with a "-", I only do it if they were extrememly rude or something. And because most people on myLot that I have come across are kind, I don't rate "-"s very often.
@Jemina (5783)
I rate them positively because their reply is very appropriate to my discussion. They may not agree with me but if their opinion is valid I also rate them with a plus. However, if they are rude and nasty then I sometimes rate them negatively.
Yep, I think you shouldn't rate people on their openion, but the way they stated it.
@Jemina (5783)
People have no right to be wrong in their opinion. What they feel about things is valid. Having said that, we have to respect each other's opinion.
most of the time i give them + when we have the same opinion. but i also give + to those who post a great discussion and those who doesn't share my view but they have a sound opinion..........
Thank you for your reply!
@hassanah (387)
I rate somebody with - when they post their discussion with words like 'lol' or something.If they want make discussion,just do it.Dont put word lol.
Huh..I can't see anything really wrong with adding "lol" once in a while. Of course, it is annoying if all they do is put lol and nothing else, but otherwise I can't really see the problem.
@buwald (271)
• Netherlands
i usually do it when the post really adds something good to a discussion, whether they share my opinion or not, although i might be tempted to review that if someone shows some very wrong views (like raccist views, or similar)
Well yes, if they sre completely wrong they need to be told. Thanks for your reply! All the best, Commonsense0
@suspenseful (40316)
I rate them plus because their suggestion or reply was helpful. I do not worry about good grammar, because they may know what the post is about and may give a good reply, but their English is not up to par yet. I do not mind if they are not very friendly =--look I am not the happy go lucky smile all the time type person myself, so U can understand when someone is a natural grouch or depressed, they are not Little Mary Sunshine --- I hardly rate a minus, unless the response was a silly response or they were extremely rude-- I mean vicious.
@Pompon (1758)
• Poland
If a reply focus on the subject of discussion and I see someone read more that it's title before he commented it I rate it plus. It doeasn't matter if I agree with the reply. I don't rate the grammar as long as post is understanable for me. I know may people here are not pros in english (in example me:P). I don't like oneliners, but as long as they have sense I rate them plus as well.