Long hot showers

@jillhill (37383)
Today is my day off and there is nothing more I like then spending alittle more time in a long hot shower. I love to let it run down my back soothing the muscles. And it clears out my sinuses. Do you take quick little showers or long hot ones?
@lilybug (21148)
It depends on how much time I have. I usually take quick showers, but if I am the only one home and I don't have to worry about the kids I will stay in there longer. I hardly ever get a shower that is longer than 5-10 minutes since my daughter was born 8 months ago.
@jillhill (37383)
I totally understand! I think you are lucky if you even get one! You must be a very busy girl with a new daughter to take care of! Congratulations!
@artemis432 (7474)
• Abernathy, Texas
Long. My husband doesn't get home from work until 12 am. Then he stays up - who really goes to sleep right after work? He sleeps until about an hour and a half before he has to leave for work - about 1pm. This is my only time during the day to take a real break. So I take a long, hot, steamy shower. Just stand there and think my own thoughts, daydream, or just zone out. Then I lay down for a few minutes, my skin still pulsating because the shower was so hot and just revel in a time without having to watch out constantly for the baby no matter what I'm doing - eating, on the computer. No chores to do for that time. I even have to hear him cry when I'm in the bathroom downstairs. Does not make for a relaxing tummy. Not that I don't absolutely adore him - I do - a break is nice though. I love showers anyway. So I go upstairs, turn on the noisy air filter, turn on the bathroom fan and the shower and just relax. I make my husband take him downstairs so I don't have to hear him cry while I'm showering - can't relax with my stomach in knots. He's getting better. The few times I've gone out and about in the past with out him - even for hours - he cried the entire time. Now, by the time I'm finished with my break, he's downstairs exchanging silly noises with my husband in conversation and practicing his motor skills. Of course, as soon as he sees me - or hears me - on the stairs though - he starts crying as if the world is going to end if I don't pick him up and cuddle him. Once I'm in the room for good though and he knows it - he's pretty independent about playing - and guess who he wants to interact with - his dad! Whose sounds and words does he repeat - his dad's. Go figure. Its a baby mystery.
@jillhill (37383)
It sure is a mystery but it sounds like he loves his mommy!! And you know how to take advantage of the few minutes of down time you have! Thanks for sharing!
@navtech (1776)
Dear jillhill, More than 50 years Iloved to take bath only on cool water. I had some health problem about six years back. From that day onwards I have been taking only hot water bath in the morning. Of course during summar I prefer to take only cool water.
@jillhill (37383)
I totally can understand that! Thanks Navtech!
I like quick showers. I've always been that way, but perhaps it is because my sister always took forever in the shower, so I didn't have much time, LOL. But there is a time and a place for a good, long, hot shower. But beware, some 'fill in the blank' might get on to you for 'wasting water.' I saw someone do that a couple weeks ago in another discussion. Puh-lease, can no one enjoy the simple things anymore?
@jillhill (37383)
Wow.....thanks for the heads up....too bad we have to be politically correct even in the shower!
@arcidy (5016)
Good for you I like taking long hot showers on my days off to if I have the time. But I like taking showers when I come home from work because hot showers are very relaxing for you and they do make you feel a lot better once you take it which is why when I take a shower its hard for me to stop because it just feels so good but I perfer taking bubble baths lol.
@jillhill (37383)
Yup I like the pounding on my back and neck. It seems to relax me. I havn't taken a bubble bath in years....I might have to try that one again.
@casablynn (150)
It usually only takes a quick hot shower to clear out my sinuses. If I have the time, I enjoy a long hot bath more than a shower. I like to light a candle and take a book in and luxuriate in bubbles.
@jillhill (37383)
Yes it does do the sinus thing. I got out of the habit of taking a bath when all the kids still lived here. You make it sound wonderful!
@sunshine4 (8709)
I usually take quick showers because I love to sleep in and am in a hurry to get ready in the morning. I love weekends because I can sleep in late and then take a nice long hot shower. I agree.... they are great!
@jillhill (37383)
Yes they are so relaxing.....I don't care for baths much so a long shower is great! Thanks for posting.