You Like Me, You Really REALLY...Don't Like Me?

@anniepa (27238)
The yo-yo, roller-coaster ride continues with my star rating. I get up to 84 and think GOODY, I'll soon be a 9; then down to 82 I go. But, wait...back up to 83, I'm on my way again...oh, no, this morning back down to 81! And I didn't even think I pis*ed anyone off yesterday. Seriously, I don't take this star stuff all that seriously, I know there are some I've seen called trolls but I'd still like to know...what did I do? Annie
@foxyfire33 (10009)
Don't worry, I'm wondering about the same thing! I had been at 96 for awhile now (down from a high of 98) and today it is 95. I thought I'd been pretty productive and positive here lately too. I don't think I've done anything to bother anyone so who knows why mine dropped. I suppose it's just the nature of the system and there's not much we can do about it other than to keep riding it out and hope it settles on a good number.
@anniepa (27238)
I see since I started this I went from an 81 to an 82. I honestly hope I haven't offended anyone. I state my opinion on whatever subject we're discussing but I'm never intentionally disrespectful and I'm certainly not a "know it all"! I've learned quite a bit on here so I'm very much open to new ideas and information. The truth is I really hate it when I hurt someone's feelings. Annie
@foxyfire33 (10009)
That's great! I hope it keeps going up for you! (Mine's still 95 :(, I keep thinking I'm going to log in and find a red 9 star any day now)
@tentwo67 (3384)
I'm glad I use Firefox as my browser because I am not able to see the numeric score in Firefox, just the number on my star. Otherwise I might obsess over it too! Sometimes I'll still check it when I'm using Internet Explorer, but I'm really glad that it's not readily available to me all the time. But as far as the rest of it goes, although I'm sure it's easier said than done, I would advise you to just try to focus on doing the best submissions you can do on mylot and hope that the rating will take care of itself.
@worldwise1 (14887)
I think that your hair will turn gray, anniepa, trying to figure out the star system here on myLot. Rightly or wrongly, members wield a lot of power, and I guess it all depends upon which side of the bed they got up on any given morning. I wouldn't take it too seriously. Just be yourself.
@webeishere (36353)
This star rating is a crock in my eyes. Doesn't mean squat as far as ones discussions and or responses & comments here. I look at that aspect not at if I like someone and their discussions, responses, and or comments. I don't wory about the stars rating system. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~