I think that nowadays the youngsters' smartness is very much cofined

By Bala
@balasri (26577)
to the subject they have mastered and they are not as street smart and wise like the previous generation.It may be due to the enormous time they spent in their job alone like software engineering which deprives them of knowing more things and make them enjoy anything that comes first and easily available without worrying about or knowing the richness and good taste. What is your opinion?
@subathra (3519)
I agree with your post as being a youngster myself i lack in some aspects and wonder at those people of older generation keeping everything in finger tips..for instance my father still reads lot of books and keep himself upddated of all matters and whenever i have doubts i get it cleared from him.. the reading habit is much lacking these days among youngsters as we like to spend our free time /weekend going out with friends, chatting online , messaging all time etc.,we are much focussed in a specific career development.rated + for your interesting discussion.
@balasri (26577)
Thanks a lot Suba.Thank you very much for understanding and admitting the essence of the discussion without trying to be defensive.That shows your maturity.You too deserve a plus. By the way in today's Indian Express I have read in a column about a girl named Subathra from Vaishnava college commenting on the problems about the eve teasing in buses.Is it you anyway because you are always interested in the social issues.
@subathra (3519)
Thank you for the rating..its not me who commented about eve teasing..and no more a college student too..I passed out from ethiraj
@SViswan (12096)
It has more to do with upbringing I feel. Earlier, kids were allowed to grow...have their own experiences. Nowadays, parents are protecting their kids a lot (I do that too). The kids nowadays are a priviledged lot. They get everything without having to move a finger and they grow up to be adults who expect things done for them. They are not able to appreciate the value of money or the other things in life. Most of their knowledge is book based and they don't learn much from experiences (life experiences). The truth is that they are not given the chance. WE parents are at fault...but the world today is different and we can't help but protect them.
@balasri (26577)
You are right and the points you have made are excellent.A great response.Thanks.
@thefortunes (2368)
• Netherlands
You could be right about some of the youngsters Balasri that have less contact with real life, such as people working in the IT, and spending less time in real life situations. It cannot be said about all youngsters though. I might be wrong of course, but I prefer to not generalize ;) TheFortunes
@balasri (26577)
Well it was a thinking of me and all your opinions are welcome.I am not very sure of my statement.thank you very much for a thought provoking response.
@mimpi1911 (25467)
Hi bala, I think, you are right in a way. Today's youngsters are not as practically equipped as their forefathers. They are confined to their own world and hardly have time and inclination to exlore various things in life. Day-to-day realities are taken care of by the guardians while we kind of think it's COOL to be in our own small world of friends and workplace. I would attribute this to the nature of work and today's fast pace and not to forget increasing popularity of internet which we find so alluring that our world has gotten internet specific. This is scary indeed!! Our social life, family life and health are being damaged enormously and even though we feel we are very smart, in reality- we are not!! Attire and tech savyy donot alone add to our smartness, well they do to some extent but reality is scary. Thanks for a pertinent post.
@balasri (26577)
You get the best response for aptly telling what is in my mind.I have seen many of those tech savvy enjoying the worst of the music and movies worse than crap.Poor things they miss a lot of classic things in life.As you say they have become more internet specific and very much hard pressed fro time to expand their worldly knowledge.It is pathetic to see most of them fumbling in public places when filling forms and making inquiries.
@mimpi1911 (25467)
Yes Bala, can you compare the emotion you have standing infront of the real niagra falls with superimposing your photo infront of it? I bet not. We do miss out on 'classic things', as you have rightly mentioned. You have raised an alarming point. I just hope this fetches more and more responses. Thanks for the BR, you have just made my day. Have a great day.
@balasri (26577)
It is my pleasure.And thanks for the wonderful response with great insight.
@dpk262006 (44092)
Youngsters now a days are losing their cultural links. They are not much aware about the family values. For them, their own world is mor important than anything else. They are confined to themselves, they have very little time for their family members and relatives, because for them the life is very fast and they do not have time for these kind of activities.
@balasri (26577)
You are right .Most of these lot show a very little emotion on anything.Be it be the affection or loss.They have become more self centered.