Being a Surrogate mother

@ravinskye (8242)
Have you ever thought about being a surrogate mother? How about donating your eggs for others to use? I saw a commercial where you could make $5,000-$8,000 just for donating your eggs. The website was http://www.getsurro.com So, what are your thoughts on being a surrogate mother or donating your eggs? Could you do it?
@fab315 (1242)
Hello! The offer sounds tempting! LOL! Seriously, I would, I guess, if it's a sister of mine -but I don't have one- or if it's somebody I know that wants a baby but can't have one that I know would be a good mother. The donating of eggs is not so hard to think of, for me, but the carrying of the child for 9months plus giving birth is the hardest part. Being a mother you feel so attach to the child during pregnancy. I think when it comes to this situation your worst enemy is the emotional attachment and i'm not strong emotionally to trust myself not to be attached to the baby. It's hard. Take care and have a great weekend. *smile* ciao! c",)
@ravinskye (8242)
If a friend needed me to do it I think i could. it might be a little hard, but if you knew from the beginning that it wasn't your baby you could try not to get so attached.
My sister has been trying for a long long time to no avail. I'd be a surrogate for her without pause for thought. I know she'd be the best mother and i'd still be a big part of that childs life. It's their bun but my oven, have to remember that whilst it's growing inside. I'm sure it would be hard to hand over, but i know i would. Not so sure about my eggs though, did consider it a while ago, i do feel so sad for those who want and can't. I just don't know if i could close off to the fact that their would be a child of my blood that i'd have nothing to do with and never see.
@ravinskye (8242)
I feel sad for those who can't have kids also. i have 3 so I know what a joy it can be. I think growing someone else's baby would be easier then giving away my own eggs.
@gwendovere (1283)
Yes - my hubby & I have incompatible genes, so we've been advised not to reproduce together. I would like very much to be a surrogate mom. And yes, I would donate eggs if I had the opportunity.
@sacmom (14316)
I used to think that I could do this, but that was before I had kids of my own. But since having my own kids, I couldn't imagine giving up my eggs. I couldn't even imagine being a surrogate mother, even if it was someone else's eggs. I don't care how much money someone offered me, I just couldn't do it. :(
@ravinskye (8242)
I have 3 kids of my own and I kind of go the opposite way. I know how happy I am being a mom and I would love to help someone else experiance that happiness. I would rather donate eggs though then be a surrogate. After a spinal headache from my second epidural and 7 sticks till they got my last epidural in, i'm kind of scared off from epidurals and i don't think i could do labor naturally.
@jolenegreen (1209)
I could probley donate my eggs but to surrogate mother? Im not quite sure I could do it. I dont think I could ever give up a baby that I felt grow inside me and that I bonded with. Youd have to be one tough women to do that, Im tough but not that tough!
@THKOhio (330)
No, I've never considered being a surrogate mother. I don't think I could donate my eggs, either. I know that I could never be a surrogate mother, because I would get too emotionally attached to the baby I was carrying. I would never be able to separate myself, to convince myself that I was carrying someone else's child. Donating my eggs might be a little easier, but I still wouldn't like the idea of there being a child/children out there who were biologically a part of me, and I would have no part in raising them. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for those women who ARE able to do either of those things.