When someone cooked fish and you go into their house,does the smell bother you??

@peanutjar (5251)
When you open up the door and the smell of the cooked fish hits you,do you want to turn around and go back out?lol.:)
@ssh123 (31104)
From timesimmemorial, our family is eats only vegetarian food. So we love vegetarian food and cannot bear the smell of non=veg and worst is cooking of fish. We feel like vomitting, when we inhale the smell of fish being cooked.
@peanutjar (5251)
Hello!:)We eat this more than any other meat and i just cant take the smell of it when cooking it and its even smells worse when its someone elses house,lol.Stinky!hahaha and it takes awhile to get rid of the smell too.:)
@arkaf61 (10891)
I do know what you're talking about. It happens a lot when I come home because I live in the same house with my in laws and the cook a lot of fish - so do I in a way too - Even with the door to their apartment closed I sometimes come home and can feel the smell. For me it depends on the fish and how it was cooked. The worse for me is when they boil codfish. I don't know how they do it but the smell really gets to me. WHen they fry it it is usually bad as well. But I think it has a lot to do with the kind of fish, because I cook fish often and if I go out and come back in, the smell is not the same. HOwever I mostly grill mine or bake it in the oven so maybe that is the difference.
@peanutjar (5251)
Yes thats it,codfish stinks the most and we eat it the most,hahaha,only grilled in the oven which i think makes it worse,phewwy!Im glad someone has the same smell as me pertaining to codfish.Yes it does seem to be the one that stinks the most and catches my breath when i opemn a door.:)
@arkaf61 (10891)
LOL so it is settled. Codfish is the smelliest one:):) Forgive me for asking you this, but are you Portuguese by any chance, or maybe from Portuguese descent? It's just that from everyone I know , we Portuguese seem to be the ones that eat more cod fish - over 365 recipes for the darn thing LOL
@peanutjar (5251)
No im not,i just love eating fish over other things,haha.Fried,poached,baked,you name it i like it.Ive never ate boiled fish like someone put,i dont think i would like that one.:{Thank you for the pretty picture by the way,i love horses and unicorns!:)
@kiobug (2250)
I wont leave but it is a noticeable smell. : )
@peanutjar (5251)
Hello kiobug,no i would not leave either,i would endure it and breath out of my nose,haha.Just teasing,smiles:):)
@kiobug (2250)
: )
@nanayangel (7691)
Hi there peanutjar! You have a cute avatar. Well, I like fish so I don't really get bothered by the smell of it unless it's "paksiw". Fish that's cooked with vinegar. I like the smell of friend ones.
I meant "fried onea" not "friend ones". Sorry about that.
@peanutjar (5251)
That must smeel if its cooked in vinegar,lol.pheww!:)
@gabs8513 (48803)
No it does not bother me at all I don't mind the smell of cooking Fish I would not cook it myself though lol as that does make me Ill and I don't know why
@peanutjar (5251)
I dont like the smell of it when its done cooking,especially cod or morue fish.I tends to linger on for a bit.lol:)
It doesn't bother me at all, but it bothers my sister and parents a whole lot. I was the only one in the family growing up that liked fish, so when I cooked it, they would gag and spray every fragrance spray they could find. Which just made the smell worse!
@peanutjar (5251)
Hi!I love eating fish,but the after smell gags me,lol.:)