Why are people so care free and able to just lie.

I have a friend who lives across the street from me. I have slowly been leaving her alone and staying to myself. Now here is the problem.. My 17 year old nephew is basically doing nothing right. Failing school is his major for the passed few years. He has been smokingg weeed to lose weight. Now a few months ago I went to this friend and told her I don't want my nephew in her house or even smoking with her. She is an adult and a single mother of one. Now my sister who lives across the hall from her. Smoke to her a few months back and she agreed to keep him out of her house. 2 days ago my sister saw through the peep hole my nephew leaving her house and he was high. This girl is currently under investigation from cps. I told my sister you warned her once now it time to notify the police of this. She has done nothing and now my nephew is sleeping out all night. What is a aunt to do?
@charine (34)
Maybe you should have a chat with your nephew,Tell him that he will be an adult, he have the reposibility to ensure that he are old enough to manage with his own life.At his age,he should know what he would like to do and make a plan about his future.He should know he have grown up,nobody has responsibility to change his decision and his life.It is all up to him.He should take the responsibility of growing up by himself.It maybe cruel,but everyone has his way to have a growth.
I'd do something about it. Find a way to get through to him. Or her. But dont do nothing cause if something bad happens to your nephew I am sure you will be upset about it. But its a hard thing to go through and not a good situation for anyone at this point. Let us know how it goes!
I can't do much with my brother telling me to let him be. My brother has been in jail most of his 33 years of living. He says to just let him go and he will be fine. The child was left back 3 times for not doing anything in school. All in the elementary years. We are trying to get my sister a housing voucher so she can move out of this area. She works for the school and has 3 sons. She can't afford NY rent alone. Thanks so much
@HighReed1 (1126)
I had an out-of-control child. He wouldn't listen to anything I said. No punishment worked. He stayed out all night, then wouldn't get up for school. I tried the Scared Straight program with him. It didn't work. So I finally had to let him take responsibility for his own actions. He got locked up in juvie for 2 years. I hated that it got to that point, but I'd rather he learned before he was old enough to go and play with the Big Boys. You may need to let your nephew learn the same way. That his family will not be able to bail him out all the time. I know it's heart-breaking, but it might be the way to go. The son that got locked up DID learn in juvie. He discovered he HATED being locked up. He got his GED while he was locked up. He is now working steady and looking towards going in the military. He's looking towards the GI Bill that would help him go to college.
As an aunt myself, I would get my nephew into rehab.
• Algeria
The best way to protect somebody is to clean its envirenement and secure it , inyour case to help your nephew you have to protect him from his surrounders who could hurt him , that's your ex-friend , what to do is to warn her seriously and tell her that you'll notify the cops about her if she didn't stop doing what she's doing , if she insists just do it with a free mind.
@Amberina (1541)
Well that is a pickle your nephew is in he doesn't realize he could get in deep trouble when she gets busted if he is there when the cops come. It's a sad situation to see you nephew who you watched grow up doing things that could get himself some jail time. Maybe take him on a field trip to the local jail and let the cops take him in to see were he might end up if he stays on the path he is on?