ALM.... do you give or not?

@roniroxas (10576)
or do you rather give food than money? i used to give money on beggars who ask alms but i find them gambling on the streets when they have money already. so now i always bring bisquits or candies and thats what i give them. do you give or not? what do you give?
@jHoEn16 (2043)
i do give but not money i used to give them foods... everytime we eat on a foodcourt or in a restaurants.. i will take away our left overs and give it to them... better than money
@roniroxas (10576)
thats a good idea. it is better to give it to them than let the food go in to the trash bin. thanks for the response
@jHoEn16 (2043)
thats right! :)
@jcj_111776 (3221)
hello roni. I don't give alm anymore. I had a bad experience with that years ago with an old man. I saw him, lying on his back on the sideroad. I took pity on him because he looked so weak. So, I gave him my lunch(even if I knew I'll go hungry when my breaktime comes), but you know what, his reaction really disgusted me. He was angry at me that I gave him food. He said he needed money, and not the measly food that I gave him. AFter that incident, whenever I see a beggar, I'm always hesitant to help them. I never gave any beggar money. Food was the thing that I helped them with before.
@roniroxas (10576)
wow that beggar sure is picky. well maybe he would rather but his own food...joke. that is a very painful experience. thanks for sharing and thanks for the response
@ryanphil01 (4186)
I really don't know why our local Dept. of Social Welfare Devt. cannot handle the increasing number of beggars on the streets. They are sprouting like mushrooms anywhere and anytime. It's not that I hate these people but I have fears and doubts that they are being used by syndicates. Honestly, I choose whom to give alms. If I find the person with healthy or stronger body then I would have told him to work or find a job. If the beggars look like hungry and seem weak perhaps I would share them food or rice or bread or noodles. I usually give donations to anyone who could show me permits from the local government for solicitation and gladly I would give them my share in the form of financial assistance or donating clothings. During Christmas when kids go aorund our place, I just give them coins and candies. This reminds me of the coming holidays. It's time to share our blessings to others specially those who are in dire need of our help.
@roniroxas (10576)
there are a lot of problems that our goverment can not handle and one is this beggar issue. specially the ones out side the airport my golly they can even ask alms in different languages, can you believe that. it is a big problem really but a lot of our goverment officialls dont give anything to solve this problem. thanks for the response
@vissy10 (82)
Hello. When I see someone begging, I will give if I see that the person is really weak to work for himself. If I see that his body is big enough to do some work, then I most probably won't give.
@roniroxas (10576)
yes sometimes we raise our eyebrows to see somebody with a body which is big enough to work asking for alms. the nerve. thanks for the response
@noriko (1254)
i give money for those kinds of beggars who uses musical instruments and sings. its like giving a tip to a good singer and musician. we do that when we hang out on clubs and bars. but those beggars who dont do anything just roam around the roads asking for alms, i dont give anything.
@roniroxas (10576)
i pity the kids though i would rather give them something to eat than money. thanks for the response