Inspiring Words From Maya Angelou

Maya Angelou - An Author, Poet and Play Writer.
@maddysmommy (16243)
In April, Maya Angelou was interviewed by Oprah on her 70+ birthday. Oprah asked her what she thought of growing older. And, there on television, she said it was "exciting." Regarding body changes, she said there were many, occurring every day...like her breasts. They seem to be in a race to see which will reach her waist, first. The audience laughed so hard they cried. She is such a simple and honest woman, with so much wisdom in her words! Maya Angelou said this: "I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow." "I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights." "I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life." "I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as "making a life." "I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance." "I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back." "I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." "I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one." "I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back." "I've learned that I still have a lot to learn." "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Please send this to five phenomenal women today. If you do, something good will happen: You will boost another woman's self-esteem. If you don't...the elastic will break and your underpants will fall down around your ankles! Believe me; I didn't take any chances on MY elastic breaking :o)
@Margajoe (4721)
Wow! Thank-you for sharing this. It helps. I feel alot better. Take Care.
@maddysmommy (16243)
Your most welcome margajoe :) I hope you're doing ok!
@Margajoe (4721)
Yes, thank-you. Have a nice day.
@mamasan34 (6522)
Maya Angelou is a phenomenal person. She is such a sage in this age of fools. I love her wisdom and take what she says and try very hard to apply it to my own life. Thanks for sharing this!
@maddysmommy (16243)
Your welcome. It was sent to me via email from a cousin. I love what she says about what she has learnt throughout her life, very inspiring and captivating
@mamasan34 (6522)
She also has such a great sense of humor as well in her words of wisdom, that is what I really like. It helps keep them in fresh in your mind when you can have a nice laugh to go along with it.
@makingpots (11928)
Maya Angelou is a very wise women. I like these words in particualr "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." They help me to take myself less seriously.
@maddysmommy (16243)
Thanks for sharing that quote makingpots.
@Rozie37 (15505)
• Turkmenistan
That is very cute and sweet. I love Maya Angelou. She is an inspiration to women everywhere. I admire her wisdom, she is a poetess just like me. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
@maddysmommy (16243)
You know I have been rereading and rereading this post taking in what she has said - very inspirational indeed and so honest in her words and thoughts. I need to find out more about her :)
@mummymo (23709)
She has truly said a lot of wise and insightful things sweety - thank you for sharing them - I enjoyed reading this post!
she IS very inspirational. with a sense of humor, well just being honest, that it's comical, cuz she's right on the money!!