French toast with a twist

@jillhill (37383)
I tried a new way to make french toast. You get a loaf of french bread and thin slice it. Take your favorite flavored cream cheese, like strawberry or honey walnut. Generously spread the cream cheese on one slice then place another slice on top making a sandwich of the two pieces. Dip in your french toast batter and fry like you normally would for regular french toast. It's yummy with the filling. You can top it with more strawberries and whipped cream...or just use syrup.
That sounds SOOOO good... I have actually made something like that for a Christmas breakfast... It was great. Of course there are absolutely no calories in it....What do you think?
@jillhill (37383)
Right.....not one calorie!
@cutepenguin (6457)
I've heard of this before, but I still haven't tried it. It sounds very sweet and fun.
@jillhill (37383)
It's something different for a change!
@moirax23 (317)
• Malta
Sounds great I will try it some time
@jillhill (37383)
Cool!
@flowerchilde (12518)
Wow! That sounds great! Just may have to try that! Thanks!:)
@jillhill (37383)
It's so yummy!
Jill, I gained ten pounds just reading this!
@jillhill (37383)
I was very good and added something different instead of the same old same old!
@lilybug (21148)
The French Toast I make for my son is similar. You take 2 slices of Cinnamon Raisin bread and spread cream cheese on one piece and strawberry jam on the other. Put them together and dip in egg and cook as usual. He loves it that way. He HATES syrup so he just puts a little butter on it and eats it. It is pretty good.
Hi jillhill, I like your french toast. That will come in handy for my Christmas Brunch this year. Every Christmas we have a brunch before opening gifts. We need new ideas and you have given us a real good one. Thank you.
@jillhill (37383)
It's very good...something different.