Moving out again

Well my stepdaughter has finished moving out again. Last January she moved back in with us after she and her brother and his girlfriend decided to part ways. Plus she had a lot of unpaid bills including several traffic tickets. She was supposed to save money and get out of debt. Her dad said she could stay here rent free. Now she has moved in with a friend and her husband and will pay $300 a month. She will share a bathroom but have her own intrance and separate living areas. But, I can't help but feel a little miffed cause she had all of that here including her own bath and crabbed about money and could not pay us rent. I know I am being petty but she could have stayed here and helped us out by paying us that money. That would have helped us both. How would you feel?
@meholl (510)
Well dad said she could stay rent free. And after you have been out of the house for so long, you long for the freedom that comes from not living with your parents. My parents never asked for rent as long as I was working and saving my money, even if they needed the help. It would be more than petty to have your step-daughter stay and pay you rent. Dad said rent free, and I assume that this was ok with you to begin with. If not, you and your spouse need to open up the lines of communication.
True. Of course he soon came to regret it. Oh well, such is life. Thanks.
@gberlin (3836)
If you wanted her to pay rent then it should have been decided when she first moved in.
yeah that was our mistake. When she lived with us befor she paid $400 month rent and complained all the time. So this time since she had gotten into so much financial trouble her dad said she could stay rent free ifshe worked to get her bills caught up. So much for that.
Well I would be pissed, but isn't it like kids to do something like this to their parents, it is like they are not even thinking, they are reacting. Sorry she does not see the light, perhaps someday she will. Be well.
Thanks. Man, I could have used that $300 too. Oh well, now I have to decide if I should answer the debt collectors calls and tell them she has moved. Yeh, like they will believe me. Have a good day!