Packing kids lunches

@ravinskye (8242)
My daughter has to pack lunch for preschool now. I'm out of ideas what to pack for her. She has suddenly become a very picky eater. We got back and forth between lunchables, hard boiled eggs, PB&j and vienna sausages. What did/do you pack for your kids in their lunch?
@foxyfire33 (10009)
I'm in the same boat! It's only once a week that he brings his lunch but I'm still running out of ideas...and no matter what I try he brings most of it home anyway! We started out with a juice box, pudding, fruit cup, and a toasted cheese sandwich. The pudding and fruit cups came home, his little brother kept finding the juice boxes and squeezing them out on the carpet, he decided he doesn't like toasted cheese sandwihes. Hot dogs were working out pretty good except that he wouldn't eat any of the other stuff I was sending or the hot dog bun...call it Mommy guilt but I just didn't like the thought of him sitting there gnawing on two hot dogs at lunch. Today he was being REALLY picky and ended up only taking a piece of toast, a frosted brownie cupcake, a slice of bacon and a thermos of apple juice...but he really wanted the mini can of grape Halloween soda. I think I'm going to try lunchables, chicken nuggets and fries, or hot pockets next week.
@ravinskye (8242)
Does he have access to a microwave at his school? If she could heat things up that would open up a lot more possibilities, but she can't at her school.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
They do have a microwave...and I have seen kids bring a ziploc bag with a bowl and a can of spaghetti o's...but we haven't found anything he'll agree to. He doesn't like food warmed up either most of the time and I'd be my luck he'd have a meltdown if his teachers thought they were SUPPOSED to heat up his spaghetti o's LOL!
@jolenegreen (1209)
I hope you get alot of answer for this. Starting next week my son will be transported to a different school. I will have to pack lunches here. I havent given it much thought just sandwiches I guess, LOL. I would like to give him leftovers BUT they have no warmer :(
@ravinskye (8242)
Same here, she can't warm things up. I hope I get a lot of answers too. I wish stores had a special area for packing lunches lol.
@laurika (4536)
I don't have a kids but I would try to remeber what i mum used to give me for lunch.I always have a peace of fruit or two, then some sandwitch with ham, cheese or eggs.Also she would give me yogurt, or bake some pie and I would take a piece of that.I am thinking more but coudn't find anything.wow, you are right it is really hard.