Retaliation is Never a Good Idea

@worldwise1 (14887)
I was watching a Judge Show on TV and that gave me the idea for this discussion. The case centered around a young woman who did something stupid to retaliate against a friend which then led to his doing the same type of thing against her. This was a case that involved slight damage with monetary consequences. All too often I hear of cases of retaliation that end with much more deadly outcomes. Very often there are murders in my city and they sometimes lead to a series of similar acts all done in the name of retaliation. This is never a good idea. Matters should always be left in the hands of the law. People should never take the law into their own hands. Agree or disagree.
@theprogamer (10539)
I can see where you are coming from though. Its the same when I tried to get back at two people for hurting a friend of mine. It doesn't solve anything, but I can understand the frustration of it all. So many people get trespassed against its terrible and there should be some immediate resolution. Granted, this does not mean go berserk and smash all in your path until you are satisfied. But there should be some protection and some recourse for people who really get trespassed against. As for the law, I'm believing less and less in them since some cases are like revolving doors and others don't even get charged despite repeated instances of lawbreaking and evidence!
@worldwise1 (14887)
That is exactly why I believe in a Higher Power, progamer, because if the justice system fails they will still have to face the final judgment. Many people receive justice from another hand. I do believe that the bad and guilty people do not go unpunished forever.
@mummymo (23707)
I do agree! I know it can be very tempting to revert to the so called self vengeance but as you so rightly say it usually just exacerbates a bad situation into something even worse! xxxx
@pyewacket (44036)
I agree, retaliation should never be done over any issue...the problem is, it often becomes like a snowball effect, a chain reaction, and sometimes, truly innocent people get hurt or killed when they were often just innocent bystanders near the intended "victim"