Have you run across these sites while surfing?

I am one who truly know of a struggle. Like many of you as well. Have you ever thought to donate to one of them? I have read a few and will donate $2.00 to a lady. And a purse to her small daughter. http://www.google.com/Top/Society/People/Requesting_Help/Hardship_Relief/
I have heard of sites like these but never ventured into them. I have little to give and when I do, it is usually given to my family. I would be a bit reluctant to donate to people on the web.
@pehden (84)
I totaly agree, with you. Some people need things them selves, and some more then others. I have seen so many things about giving thins to others, then think, hmmm why do i need to give when I have nothing myself. I work for labor ready and it only gets me day to day.
@Polly1 (12648)
I have heard of sites like this. I am hesitant to donate this way. There are so many other places you can help people. I am sure there are lots of us here that could use some extra help, I know I could. If anyone has lots of money and would like to donate it to a good cause. I promise to make good use of it, just let me know.