Ever been the victim of a hit and run?

@Taskr36 (13925)
For the first time I was actually hit by a vehicle that took off. My wife was driving and we were rear-ended by a large truck, the kind that moves gravel and such. I told my wife to pull off to the side of the road and the truck just drove right by and honked as he passed us. I told my wife to hurry and follow the jerk but she was busy scrambling for a pen and paper. We got his license plate number, but with these trucks the trailer is usually owned by a different company than the tractor. We called 911 and after 45 minutes waiting for a cop to show up we called again. about 15 minutes later a cop finally showed up got our information and then spent the next 30 to 45 minutes writing up his report. The bad thing is that he was saying it isn't always easy to catch the driver since it's often an independent contractor driving the tractor. I've heard of this kind of thing happening to people in the past and they never catch the person who did it. Has this ever happened to you? Did you catch the jerk responsible. We know the company that the trailer belonged to, so I have every intention of making sure they pay for the damage to my wife's car. They should know who they contract with and be able to give the name of the person who hit my car. Thank you for reading my rant. Feel free to voice your own experiences.
...My children were 4 & 3 years old. I was driving them to preschool and we were broadsided by a woman in a small blue car. All I saw of her car was the left front corner and she was headed for my son who was strapped in his car seat behind me in my mini van. I took my foot off the excellerator and looked for a place to move to. She hit my door and left. I was so mad, I drove half a mile to the police station. My son was able to tell the officer it was a woman, but we never found out anymore details, because I never saw all of the car. ...There was a time I felt like a moron magnet. We were hit in my mini van 13 times before I got rid of it. It was mortifying to walk into the body shop and hear, "oh, Mrs. R. We have your paperwork right here." I got a superduty truck because it wasn't going to be my butt or my children's I was going to pray for. If they hit me in the truck, it was going to hurt them. We were hit 4 times in the truck! ...Please tell me how anyone cannot see a bright red, 25' long truck!? None of them were looking. Bad billy was lucky I couldn't get the door open. He hurt my children broadsiding us in a parking lot doing over 40mph! He was going to need the ambulence I called. ...Then there was the jerk who back ended me. I laughed when I saw the plate sized hole my trailor hitch left in the front of his T-bird and his radiator was making hissing sounds. Some kids back ended me in his dad's new car and didn't have a license. No damage done to Clifford. ...The one I felt sorry for was a woman who told me she reached up to look in her mirror because something had blown in her eye. We were in stop and go traffic and she tapped me. The trailor hitch popped her grill off its clips, so we pulled it back into place. No other damage done. ...The only good thing about hit and run mva is you do not have to pay your deductible. I hope you were both ok. Sometimes you do not feel the pain of mva until a few days after. ...Peace be with you. =(^;^)= Della
@Taskr36 (13925)
Thank you for your post. My wife emailed the president of the company that owned the truck last night and he actually called back today. He apologized and said his safety manager would call us on Monday to get everything squared away and that his company would pay for the repairs. He also said he would personally ring the neck of the driver responsible, so it seems everything will work out just fine.