Do you like writing but cant spell?

Hi, I like to write on mylot. But as people can see if you reponde to my discussion's that i cant spell very well.(lol). Well sometimes it is worse cuss i hit the wrong keys cuss typing to fast. But of course sometimes it just plain i dont know how to spell. Does this bother you are do you usally understand what people mean?
@artemis432 (7474)
• Abernathy, Texas
Honestly, it does bother me a little - like if I 'm reading a novel - like Mercedes Lackey and there are so many misspelling and grammatical mistakes, it pulls me out of the story. You'd think that with so many books, she could hire a good editor. I spell words wrong at times on mylot - like you because I'm speeding along, trying to get my thoughts down fast. You know, its a dam^^ poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word. So think of yourself as creative!
Hi, Thanks again. Yes if I am reading a book i would not like that. If you have a book you would think you would make sure it is Right. Yes i just want people to like me for me and to answer becuase you like what i have to say. Sometimes i am not sure what discussion to start.
• Abernathy, Texas
You hit the nail on the head. Like you for you and what you have to say - I mean - when it comes down to it - its what you have to say - not how you say it that counts. There are people with excellent spelling and a large vocabulary - who have absolutely nothing to say. So they might go on and on - but they're just saying nothing with excellent spelling and big words.
thanks that is so right. I dont think I could of said it that good. But that is just how i feel. Thanks again
@suspenseful (40316)
I use the Firefox and use the speller checker here. There are some words that I have difficulty with, like restaurant, occasions, similarity, and for some reason I did not have to correct these words. I also sometimes reverse my letters. I found that when you get so many posts, the speller checker comes on at myLot. Just keep on practicing, and use the spell checker. Soon it will work for you.
Thanks. I will try but i dont know how to use the spell checker. Do you mean it will come on by itself? I alos dont know much about firefox. Well i dont know anything bout it.lol!!! Thanks Again!!
Misspelled words are easily understandable but it still bothers me. The newest version of Firefox may help you because it has a built-in spell checker feature that is very useful even for professional writers.
Hi, thanks. I have heard of that but not sure how to use that. You can use that for speeling when you are in mylot??
Yes, it can be used here. It's their new feature that checks your spelling each time you type in any webspace.
Thanks . Can you tell me how to use it? i never hear of it.
@gwendovere (1283)
I used to be really nit-picky about spelling. But now it doesn't bother me as much. Although, if I want others to read what I've written, I realize it's important to spell correctly. But just for e-mailing, myLot, & conversational writing (as opposed to literary writing), I don't really care if others can spell or not - just so I can understand what they're trying to say.
ok. Yes i wish i could spell better, I do try really hard but i think usally people know what i mean. Thanks agian. Have a nice day
@faith210 (11233)
Hi Dee351972! Oh, that doesn't bother me, my friend. Nobody is perfect. I love to write to and I just hope people in mylot understand what I am trying to say when i share my thoughts. Sometimes, it is hard to find the right words. Take care and have a nice day.
Thanks faith. Thats good. I see you been answering lots my post so it must not bother you !! lol. I know its hard to find what right words for what i am trying to say and mean.Thanks again!!
@laurika (4536)
Yeah I understand what people mena and it doesn't bother me.I can't spell sometimes right either,but so what?Enlgish is not my mother language,so it is not that bad.I read something that if we write first three letters of word correct we know what word it is even if the other letters and spelt wrong.So don't worry.
Hi Laurika. Thanks so much. English is min but that still dont h elp me. lol. Oh well least i try. Thanks again! have a nice day!!
@aaidjs (1149)
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Hello Dear!!Don't be worry, lot of as have a same problem!!We are from all over the world and we cant spell English very well as domestic people can!!We try to do the best as we can and others are so good and they have patients with as non English speaker!!I am in same position like you are!! warmest regards Silvana
Thanks Silvana, But that is not my problem. I am in the Usa and i olny speak english. Lol. so i dont have a good accuse like you do. Thanks agian.
@aaidjs (1149)
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
sorry,sorry....thanks and good morning!!!Silvana
@hopejordan (3566)
i can write but sometimes it is hard to spell a word but i try
Thanks for answering. That is what i do i try to spell it and sometimes i cant figure it out so i say something else or i try and still get it wrong.