Are you willing to settle the exact opposite? HELP ME.

@ritchel (890)
He seems to be exactly the opposite of me. He also knew that. I am a bit worried because what if that time comes that we will get marry. What are the things that i should do? help me.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi ritchel! They say that opposites attract, isn't it? However love and marriage is not just pure feelings, we have to go beyond that. It is a decision, a commitment to love and cherish one another, no matter what ( well, of course, except if one is being abused). No one is perfect, so we should be prepared for all the flaws and faults of the other person, just as much as he will be accepting all your perfections and imperfections as well. If you are happy with him and you have a good communication between both of you, then things will always be put into perspective. There should always be respect with each other. If in your gut feeling, being opposite with one another will be good for both of you because both can learn from each other and will grow together in the relationship, then the relationship may be promising but if you have fears and doubt while just thinking about it, maybe something inside tells you that there is something wrong with the relationship. Only you can truly assess it. It is a risk to really fall in love and get married..what if it foes not work out? Ah, but what if it does? Just my thoughts dear and I hope I didn't confuse you. Anyway, I am married to a man who I think was exactly my opposite for we only share one passion and that is our love for each other...but we were able to share each other's lives and has given each other a chance to see each other's world and we both embrace it. Take care my dear and have a nice day.
@ritchel (890)
Hi, thanks for your comment. I really like it and i feel it is very genuine of you. I always love reading comments that are based on experience and im happy to what had happened to both of you. I hope it will also happen to us. Keep the faith and love alive!
@faith210 (11233)
Hi ritchel! Thanks for the nice words, I really appreciate it. I hope and pray that you will soon have it too. Just believe in yourself, respect and love yourself and believe in love. Blessings to you my friend and take care. :)
My husband and I are very much opposites, and very much happily married. You need to find something you share together, and expand on that. For us it is raising our 2 children, and we try to have at least one or two things in common that we can expand on other than children. I think if we were too much alike we would drive each other crazy
I would sit down and list what the differences are between both of you. These don't go away once the marriage comes about and can be a real stumbling block in a marriage. My sons minister did a really neat thing before he and his now wife got married. He made them up a list of questions to answer and the questions were designed to see how compatable they were. Questions like how many kids do you want? How do you think kids should be brought up? Would both of you discipline the kids? What is your point of view on religion? Should both be involved in the management of money in the household? He gave them a whole lot more questions and these had to be filled out separately. My son said that he and his wife were so close on their answers to the questions that the minister asked them if they were sure they had not filled them out while together. They had not and now they have been married together for 12 years and have three beautiful children together. One of the very important things in a marriage or any kind of committment with a relationship is communicating to each other. That is a very important aspect of a relationship.