Credit Cards

How many credit cards do you have? I just got a new one in the mail today so it made me think of that. I have to have a Target Visa in order to use my discount at work or pay with cash, so Target Visa it was. Now I technically have three, I have my debit/credit card, a credit card from my credit union, and now this Target Visa.
@terrych (1227)
I have none credit card, I always get ofer to get credit card on the email, but ussually the interest is so high, and one time I tried to get a credit card, and they did not aprove it because I do not have credit history... but how can I have if they do not give credit cards? So I had to get a loan, and if I pay it with no problem I can apply again... and I will have more chance... weird isnt?
That is really strange. As soon as I turned 18 I was getting credit card applications like crazy! Everyone wanted me to have theirs, then I finally went to my credit union and asked for one and got it easily.
@terrych (1227)
Well the thing is Iam from Chile, and I never really need a credit card when I was there... but now I am a student in US, so I decided that could be helpfull to get one... you never know when an emergency can come (well that's why they are called emergencies)... but when I tried to get one in the credit union they said I cant, because I have not credit records... anyway I am still paying the loan... hopefully after taht I can get my credit card, and start building a credit...
@lilybug (21183)
I only have my debit card through my checking account and my PayPal card. I am horrible with credit cards, so I got rid of them.
How do you get a paypal card? Is it attached to your checking?
I only have my debit card from my checking account. I wont ever have a credit card besides that. I'm scared I would get myself into too much trouble with one.
How do you establish good credit then? I know there are other ways, but how do you do it?
@usmcsgtwife (5000)
we got inot to much trouble with a credit cards so now we only have one to help re build our credit
@foxyfire33 (10021)
I/we don't have any credit cards. Unless you count the Visa check card that can be used in place of a credit card...I don't because we aren't "charging" anything, just deducting from our bank account. We did get an offer in the mail the other day that we are considering. It was one of those 0% interest til April deals. We usually get a big tax refund in February or March so we were thinking we'd get the credit card now, use it wisely on stuff we need to get by and then pay it off before April with our refund money. After that we'd get rid of it or keep it frozen for emergencies.