Do you often take part in community work?

@Huying (389)
China
Several days ago,I read a book by a girl who studied in America.She said that she often took part in community work after her classes.At the same time,many cllege require their fressman put in record of community work.In China,community work is just a new conception.Many people,espicially younger,don't know how to take part in community work.In this point,we must study for America.
@ssh123 (31100)
I was the president of local Youth Club and our members had chalked out good programmes towards upliftment of poor people, we have conducted several surveys for government departments, we were involved in adult education programme. Besides our coomunity, our own family, we have an association, consiting of more 50 families of relative and friends. We have so many cultural activities planned for the benefit of members.
@Huying (389)
I am suprised to know that you were a president and you take part in those helpful programs.I admired you.In China,we seldom have these chance to take part in community work.we are lack of community work culture.
@ssh123 (31100)
This is nothing. I had been to New Zealand. I went to an exhibition hall to see the paintings show. The hall was built by painters (artists). I visited a park which had lots and lots of flowers. At the corner, insignificantly written that the park was maintained by local residents. I had gone to Auckland Zoo. Most of the birds and animals are maintained by citizens (they contribute money and some of them volunteer to take care of the animals or birds. They are more educated in that field than the paid staff of the zoo.I had gone to scout headquarters of New Zealand. The building, land everything is owned by SCout Headquarters.It is amazing that people have tremendous faith in their own ability to do lot of community works and it is a solid example for any country to emulate in their community work frame.