Missionary Outreach

This came from a seperate article in the missionary church magazine I got in the mail. It talks about how most of the Evangelists are trying to convert people in areas of the world that are already 90% Christianized (these are statistics in a chart they had.) Anyway, they were talking about how they should go to areas of the world that has never heard of Jesus before. They even did a mathematical formula to add up how many percentage of "unsaved" people there are, and how to convert them. Personally, I find this sort of thing really disgusting. I say, let people follow whichever beliefs they are comfortable with and let them be. As long as they are not harming anyone, why should anyone else care what religion/spiritual path they chose? I don't think that's anyone's business but the person deciding.
@Springlady (3986)
The only way a person can be saved from their sins is Jesus Christ. Christians are commanded to spread the Good News everywhere we can. There are so many lost souls out there that so desperately need Jesus and I praise God that there are missionaries, evangelists, etc going out into the world to tell about the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. God bless.
Thank you for your opinion.
I do agree with you to a point. People do need God. But who is to say that they don't already have God or believe in Jesus. Christians aren't the only religion that believes in Jesus and God. There are many lost souls but they are lost because of all the confusion in religion. All the controversy it creates. It would be a very difficult decision for someone that is being pulled at every angle. Not knowing what to really believe.
@luzamper (1360)
Christians are commanded to preach the Word and so there are evangelists, preachers, etc. They do preach the Word for people to hear as there are children of God spread all over the world and if they hear, they would go to the flock. Christians are not commanded to force people to believe. We have the freedom of choice and therefore we choose whatever we like.
@reene0225 (352)
This is kind of where how they were taught comes to play. In the Bible it says bring others to God. The Christians take it to mean bring others to God through the Christian religion. It may be true it may not be true. I think we all believe in the same God. After all he is invisible so we can't exactly identify him in that way. All people that believe in a religion and prays, pray to the same God except Catholics which use the priest to pray to God. But all in all they are still praying to God just in a more indirect way. The kind of church I grew up in was an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church where they push for people to go out on the street and search for people to bring to God and to their particular church. In every church service this is mentioned in some way. I don't honestly think there is anyway you can say that someone is unsaved. There are no statistics that can determine that. Some people may practice their religion privately or not at all. That doesn't mean they don't believe in God or won't go to heaven or wherever they believe they will go when they die. The people that are evangelists are told to go out in the world and they think they are doing as God wishes. They may be and they may not be. The Bible is interpreted differently to different people. I really like your discussions. They are very easy for me to write a response to. Makes me feel good about myself.
I agree with your post above in that other response you did. Many people feel like they are being pulled in so many directions at once where religion is concerned because so many people want to add to their numbers. Sometimes the people feel genuine concern for other people's souls and other people are doing it for more selfish reasons. It all depends on the person/people involved.
You are very right. Thanks for marking me as best response. That makes me feel good about myself.