What are the diferences you find between your childhood and

By Bala
@balasri (26577)
your child's childhood?
@SViswan (12095)
Frankly not much of a difference. I grew up outside India and we are now settled in India. So, India has developed a lot now (compared to when I was a child growing up abroad) and we are able to provide a similar environment as when I grew up. But the difference is very vast where my husband and kids are concerned. And in that effect, my kids tend to be spoilt a little bit by my husband (his excuse is trying to provide something better than what he had as a child). I do find some major differences in the interaction with society though. When I was younger, the joint family was still going strong and though we didn't live in one house, all my relatives lived in the same area. And we cousins would interact regularly..we had our share of fights and fun. I find that my kids miss that. Even though we were abraod, I was always in touch with my relatives (mainly because my parents were) and had a special bonding with each and everyone of them even second cousins. My kids have only 3 cousins and my son didn't even know about the existence of one of them because we weren't in regular touch (we aren't fighting or anything...just got busy with our own lives). So, in that aspect, I find that my kids are missing the bonding with close relatives.
@balasri (26577)
The children of today are comparatively lonely as you say.They miss a lot of love and affection from the relatives.
@Dolcerina (3380)
• Hungary
well, I try to give everything to him, that I missed. I help his creativity. Of course these ages are much more modern, so he has the possibility to find any information on the net he wonders. I think the internet is a big milestone for children too. They are much more well informated, then we were. Now everything is faster, children must be fast too in everything. It is natural for him that he has an own tv, and dvd player with movies in his own bedroom.
@balasri (26577)
What all you have said are absolutely right.
@Mirita (2668)
Well, I grew up in communist Cuba ,so I was very limited in regards to clothes and toys. On the other hand my kids have been spoil with a lot more than what I had when I was a kid.
@balasri (26577)
I think this phenomena is universal.
@dpk262006 (55919)
My children are smarter, intelligent, bold and confident than what I was in my childhood. Have not you heard that - 'A child is the father of man'...LOL!
@balasri (26577)
Yes Deepak I have heard it .That is a good one.
@goodsign (2287)
My child enjoying more fun life than me. At my childhood time where got internet, swimming pool, cellphone, etc. Even I went to school by bicycle, because my parents could not afford to pay monthly bus fare. In fact no school money for me, because I came from poor family. Very great difference if we compare for now and then. The challenges that make me wise to change my family social standing.
@Inky261 (2524)
My daughter had a lot more toys than I did and she was allowed to watch TV which I wasn`t. She had a lot more clothes than I did. I grew up with my grandmother and my daughter was raised by myself.