Do you believe in fate?

@ann168 (111)
United States
October 22, 2007 3:02pm CST
Does it exist?
2 people like this
6 responses
@cobradene (1171)
• India
23 Oct 07
Yes, I believe in fate because, it's created by my mind. My mind creates the seed of action in thought form and I happen to act upon it and finally, the consequences of that action is my fate. So fate is what we create with our own actions. So, yes you have to believe in right meaning of fate. We have to understand what fate is. Fate is the result of our actions. So fate does exist as long as you act and you wait for it's result. Predetermined fate is also the consequence of your thoughts or actions which you performed long back and didn't realise that the result would be thus. :)
@poohgal (6848)
• Singapore
23 Oct 07
Hello there. To a certain extent, I do believe in fate. I believe that things that are not within our control are mainly fated. For example, we cannot choose our parents, we cannot choose which country we want to be born in and etc. Fate only plays a small part in our lives. Our lives are still mainly in our own hands. The choices we make dictates our future.
@palonghorn (5486)
• United States
23 Oct 07
Yes, I do believe in fate, long story short, I met a wonderful man online 2 1/2 yrs ago, in a chat room that I went in often to talk to friends online, most I had known for yrs. On that particular evening, I almost didn't bother seeing who was online, but I did, he on the other hand, had stayed home that day due to snow, and had never been in that chat room. It was for fire and police, me being wildland fire fighter and he in law enforcement. We couldn't believe how much we lived similar lives but 1600 miles apart. But, we both knew from the first hello, that we were meant to be together, 2 months later I was moving 1600 miles and it was the best move, something intervened that day, and neither of us could ever explain it, other than it was fate that brought us together
• United States
22 Oct 07
absolutely, To many times I have had things happen that just couldn't be counted as coinsidents. Things usally happen for a reason even though we might not see it at the moment, but later you look back and understand why that thing happened.
• United States
22 Oct 07
Yes I believe in fate.I believe our destiny is 80%written. The other 20% is up to us.
@bronie123 (4589)
• United States
22 Oct 07
No i dont to much believe in fate i think everyone has a choice in how there lives turn out