For My Daughters: Creating A Household Binder

I homeschool my daughters. They are each creating a binder of useful information for when they move it out. We just finished up a childcare unit where they added important information to their binders. We are now working on money and home business information. The binders will also have sections for saving money, maintenance and many other things. This ideas was not mine originally, but I am expanding on it. The original idea came from another homeschool mom. One of the areas that I feel it necessary to add is a section on living frugally. I will also add sections on pet care, as we all have cats, and mergency information.
What a awesome idea, how old are your children. My son is 7, and we just started home schooling one month ago. We are doing fire safety and prevention right now with health week being next week. I think he is too young for some of the things you mentioned but what a great idea for older kids
They are 15 and 17. They are talking about there wishes for their first homes, so I figured that this was the time to begin working on household binders for them. Any information we collect that may be useful will go into the binders.