It's a DIRTY JOB !

Read about a real dirty job and why it is so. http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/columnists/boudreaux/s_534186.html Do you agree this is a dirty job? Is there any way to make it less dirty? What do you think about this or any other "dirty job"?
@uath13 (8207)
Oh thats great. I'm writing Mike Rowe in whenever I vote now. At least I know exactly how dirty he is.
@uath13 (8207)
I also know he's experienced in handeling snakes, hogs & stubborn mules. Exactly the kind of people he'd have to deal with in the capitol.
Mike did say what many people think.
@MntlWard (880)
It's more a dirty business than a dirty job by the definition of the show "Dirty Jobs." In my mind a dirty job is one in which the employee is overworked and underpaid. There are some dirty jobs that pay well enough, but a decent wage would make the job less "dirty." Politicians practice a dirty business: one in which lying and mudslinging is rewarded with truckloads of money and power. Every once in a while, a politician can win an election based on a promise of a better future, but way too often the winner is the one with the least mud stuck to his image. They're also expected to make decisions during their term of service that benefit their financial supporters, and if they don't, that money will be going to some other candidate in the next election. So we end up with corporate lackeys in office for many years, while the politicians who can't be bought are left hanging out to dry. Cleaning it up will be difficult, to say the least. These offices attract corruptible people. The people in power got there under this system which promotes corruption. They have no motivation to change it, because they could end up losing their office if the process is made more fair. Campaign finance reform would be a good start, but again, the people in office have little motivation to change the system.
It would be difficult to say it any better. Br for you!
That happens to me too. Someone already responds so well there is nothing to add. I guess we could always say, "Me too!".
@Netsbridge (3242)
Firstly, I do not consider hot-tarring roofs or sweeping chimneys or other forms of farm work to be dirty! I often refer to farmers and pastoralists as our Sustainers (and as TV Dirty Jobs so appropriately puts it, they "make civilized life possible")! Any decent work that people can perform to help facilitate human living should never be considered dirty. On the other hand, however, I think that politics has become a real dirty job - where people will do anything to meet their agendas, regardless of the consequences to humans! I believe it is dirty to seek to get at the top and gain power and control at the expense of human lives. When the hunger for power and control supersedes respect for fellow human lives, then that is indeed dirty!
"When the hunger for power and control supersedes respect for fellow human lives, then that is indeed dirty!" If only we voters would vote for more decent folks then politicians would not be so dirty.
@Destiny007 (5820)
I have to agree that it is probably the dirtiest job. Soap will wash away the dirt of honest labor eventually, but there is little that can clean a politician. The first thing that would have to be done is insist on ethics and morals, and eliminate the special interests. Get back to following the constitution and stop the underhanded deals. In order for that to work though, American's have to stop looking to the government to take care of them and stop looking for a free ride or handouts. People need to learn personal responsibility and stand on their own. Government is supposed to attend to the business of running the affairs of the country and state, and is not supposed to be running individuals lives.
Well, put.