how to get the "star"?

i've seen many mylotters with diff star numbers. just for curiosity, how do you get it? please do give me a tip.
@Mirita (2668)
I think you need to reach at least 100 points in order to be assigned a star. You should be getting one soon. The higher the number the better the reputation.
yes and i believe i just receive it. i feel better now, LOL!
i dont know how to get stars, or what's the use of stars. what i only know is that as long as you post more than 100 posts, you will get your star. and the number of star always keeps changing, may increase or decrease. i guess it depends on the quality and activity of your post. good wishes to you. i notice that you gonna have a star.
yup. i think i finally do.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
Mylot gives you your stars. Based on how often you are in mylot and what you do in mylot like starting disscussins and replying to them. If you have just started it might take awhile.They started this star deal right after I joined mylot.
@xboxboy (5578)
you are so close! when you hit 100 posts your star will appear. not long to go!