We had beef stew for supper, how about you?

@tess1960 (2386)
I used a lesser cut of cubed beef. I cut off most of the fatty part. I put the meat into my slowcooker. It's more like a crock pot, but it sits on a base and it is oblong in shape. i put in a can of Campbell's beefy mushroom soup and a packet of Beef Stew seasonings and about 4 cups of water and put the lid on. I set it to high and forgot about it for about 4 hours. Then I cut up some potatoes and baby carrots and a red onion and put that in. Two hours later I made a thickening agent with about 1/4 cup cold water and some Argo Corn Starch and I slowly stirred that into the mix. And boy howdy did it turn out good. The potatoes are tender and the carrotts are still firm. I served it with buttered dinner rolls and we ate well. I have enough left over for lunch either tomorrow or Monday. Ok, so I cheated a bit and this isn't the way my mom makes it but it sure is simple and good. So how about you, what did you have for dinner? Or do you call it supper? We call the noon time meal lunch and the evening meal is sometimes called dinner and sometimes called supper. We know what we mean!
@ElicBxn (60884)
lets see, since my breakfast on a bun about 10 a.m., I've eatten some vanilla wafers and some other cookies.... its now 7:30 ish.... maybe I should eat again...?
@tess1960 (2386)
Yes, you should.....too long between meals, not good for anyones bloodsugar.
@OURDEW (4812)
That sounds really good, Do you mind if we come for dinner?lol I am taking the easy way out tonight, my husband is still working so when he comes home we are ordering a pizza. Tomorrow I'm making chili.
@tess1960 (2386)
Oh yes, I do like Pizza now and then. Maybe I'll make chili on Halloween. It's suppose to be in the 60's that night.
That sounds great to me - I want to come next time you make it!!! Tonight I made chicken - I took chicken legs and put them in a big pot with a marinade I purchased at the Christmas Tree Shop. (this store is really big on Cape Cod) Marinades are $1.00 - and it was Honey Dijon. It was great because I went out to do errands and came in to smelling my chicken. Then, I cut up potatoes and cooked in microwave and then somewhat stir fried them in butter on top of the stove. I served corn with this. It was quite good!
@tess1960 (2386)
Sounds yummy! I have never tried the mustard marinades on chicken.
Your dinner/supper sounds great. I'll have to try that one. Last night we had leftovers of my meatloaf with organic beets and green beans.
@tess1960 (2386)
Meatloaf and green beans sounds good. I'll leave off the beets. I hate them. My mom loves beets and makes them every which way. I've just never acquired a taste for them.
@arkaf61 (10882)
Yummy :) That sounds really good, and no, you did not cheat, you just gave it your own personal touch :) For dinner I was a bit in a hurry so I just did pasta with shrimp. I cooked the pasta and while it was cooking I got the shrimp ready, browned onions and garlic in olive oil ,added some very thin slices of red and green pepper, added the shrimp and let it cook briefly just to cook the shrimp. Then made a bit of bechamel sauce and when it was done added the shrimp mixture and poured a bit in each plate on top of the pasta. Then arranged some shredded carrots and olives around on each plate. It didn't take long and everyone loves it in my home :)
@tess1960 (2386)
It sounds yummy! But tell me, what is bechamel sauce? I love to make shrimp fried rice or shrimp alfredo.
@deebomb (15323)
I grew up with the noon meal called dinner and the evening meal supper. I was alone last night so I just had some ramen noodles that I dressed up with one of schilling seasoning bell peppers and garlic. also had some left over roll that we made for the store bought pizza dough. It wasn't bad.
@tess1960 (2386)
I've never thought of dressing up Ramen that way. Sounds good.
lol we had beef stew also! it came out pretty good for only the second time ive ever made it! but instead of soup mix i used boullion cubes. and threw some broccoli in there as well. unfortunatly i added the broccoli a bit too soon and it got a tad too soft lol, but now i know better for the next time around.
@tess1960 (2386)
I've used Bouillon cubes before too. That's how I was taught to make it. We learn from our mistakes and become better cooks.