How do you study?

By joy
@MGjhaud (20672)
Do you sort out your notes first? Organize it so you won’t get confused when you look up to them? Do you make sure nobody is walking in front of you so there would be no disturbance?
@Buchi_bulla (8299)
I will sort out things first. Then I will mentally prepare what is to be studied first and then what next and so on. I usually do not like disturbance. But what to do? When the house is small, you have to get adjusted with all sorts. That is why I prefer to study in the late night and early morning, when comparatively, less disturbance is there.
@MGjhaud (20672)
My mind is not really a mind when it’s awake early in the morning; I’m like a zombie by the hour. I prefer studying at night with no people moving that I can see of.
Thanks for selecting my response as Best.
My way of studying is lil bit unique but i love it!! The first thing i do is sorting out my notes,diving my syllabus according to days.Every day i take up learning the part which i had kept for that way. Most importantly,i make sure that the environment around me is calm and quite,then only i can focus on what i'm studying. While studying if i get bored,i go for listening to some music,and when i start feeling relaxed,i come back to my studies. This way really works out for me!!
@MGjhaud (20672)
Once I get bored or tired, it means I have to go to sleep, If I motivate myself from doing something then get back to my studying thing, that’ll never happen because music is just too engrossing for me.
I first make sure that i can focus... Set a mind set and then break down the subject into various topics... and then break down the topic into various headings and then i learn by writting down.. i feel more confident writng down what i need to learn.....
@MGjhaud (20672)
I sometimes write I already have in my mind out from studying it. I write it then compare it to my original notes if it’s really right.
I read through all my notes first. Then, I decide which part I'm having difficulty with and start there. So, in case I don't get to review the latter, easier parts, I'd still be confident since I know them better. Of course, it's easier for me to study without disturbances, but I can do it when I have to. However, it shouldn't be an excuse to distract yourself so if you're feeling easily distracted, it's best to switch off your cellphone and move to a quiet place. For me, it also helps to gather all the things I need before I study so I don't have to get up every once in a while to get things all over the place.
@MGjhaud (20672)
As much as possible there’s no food within reach because I consider it as one of the distractions. I have to have my meal or something in my stomach before studying.
I sort all my notes first. I choose the easy one to difficult one so atleast while reviewing i already had through to the easy ones and now prioritize the difficult ones. When i study i have a mellow music on the background to get some energy much more likely if the dj played my favorite song. And i mostly study at about 2am in the morning so every one is asleep and no one will be bothering me.
@MGjhaud (20672)
When I study I don’t prioritize what’s hard what’s easy to review. I just have to stock all of it as possible in my head.
I study by reading the entire book all over again, but if there's not enough time, I would just read the memory aid. I study at home in my room so that nobody disturbs me and when I'm in school, while waiting for the professor, I study with my Ipod on so that I couldn't hear my classmates talking...
@MGjhaud (20672)
Although I love music but I prefer to leave it off first.
@meatiitr (365)
hey guys i usually study in a different way....maybe ,so I think.I usually make multiple passes over my notes ..the first pass takes the maximum time,it includes understanding the stuff..cross referencing with text and ref. books,internet,etc. During the second pass i usually try to remember the things and the following passes are just a small glimpse of the entire thing .......
@MGjhaud (20672)
Ever since I not into scanning notes and making familiar of every topic, I’m into memorizing thing because I have a short memory so I easily forget things.
@ritchel (890)
Simply reading and trying to put it in my mind. I can study even with disturbance and in the last minute.
@MGjhaud (20672)
;) i know.. you're memory works best at the last minute. for the benefit of everybody who's with this stream, ritchel is my classmate. :)