Have you ever given someone multiple negative responses for disagreeing with yo

I am shocked. Someone just told me that I probably have a 3 star rating because I made someone mad and that they are possibly tracking my discussions and responses so they can just keep giving me negative responses. Has anyone else ever heard of this or experienced it. I was so shocked when she said this, I never imagined that any Mylot members would stoop so low, and if that is possible then how can people truly express their opinions for fear of this happening?
One mylot member can't make your star rating really low, but multiple ones can. A lot of people will claim they got their star rating because they speak their minds and are not afraid of what others think, or because they stand up for their beliefs. And most of them are full of it. Usually their posts are one sided, bias, about nonsense, full of spelling or grammar mistakes, and offensive. In your case, I can truly say I think your star rating is because multiple mylot members have rated you negatively. You have been treated unfairly by the rating system. Most people can't really say that because it is usually their own fault. No so in your case. And I think one only has to read your discussions to tell you are beyond the quality of a three star.
Thanks for the encouragement. I must admit that I spent most of my afternoon feeling kinda low about this. I asked myself if it was worth my time to be a member here and to spend so much of my time here. Money is not the issue since being a member for a month now and having typed my little heart out I have only made $2.63.LOL. But my integrity is another thing. I try to ask honest questions and put real thought into everyone of my responses. I think it is pathetic that some people would do something like this to someone they don't even know. I naively thought my 3 was a good thing. Being new and not having that much activity I thought you worked your way up to a higher star rating. As I stated originally I was shocked when this responder told me this. Again, I thank you for the encouragement and will definitely be hanging around.
One thing I noticed though, you went from a one to a two to a three REALLY fast. I wouldn't be surprised if you were to get much higher in the ratings in only a little amount of time.
Thanks AmbiePam, Sad thing is I was really proud of my 3 until someone told me it was a bad thing. LOL
@lonely_f16 (2147)
I have not done that. I mean everyone has a time when he/she disagrees with someone else, so I respect his/her decision not unless i find it so unreasonable. Everyone is trying to earn here so I hope those people would realize how it would feel if he/she is in your shoes..if ever.
@terri0824 (4991)
I have heard of this being done. Though I have never had it happen to me. I am surprised that it has happened to you, with you being new to MyLot. I've had several of my friends say that it has happened to them. There should be some way to track who is doing this, because it makes the community not a good place to be sometimes. Sorry it has happened to you. I only give positive marks for discussions, if I don't agree, I may not give any at all for someone, but I have never given a negative mark.
Thanks for your support. As the lady above pointed out there maybe a way to watch for the same negative people to show up and argue in my discussions on a regular basis. After I report it the next thing I will do is see if they have invited me as a friend and have the notifier on to get a list of the discussions I have started. If I see someone just trying to pick a fight I will be forced to remove them from my friends list. Will this stop them from getting notices? If I remove them from my friends list does this automatically remove me from theirs? Again, thanks so much for your response.
@terri0824 (4991)
I usually respond to discussions from my e-mail, so I didn't see what the other person had said until just now. Removing them from your friend list, should remove you from their friend list, I think. It might depend on who invited whom. Not really sure.
Thanks Terri, I think in the future I will just have to be a little more careful about accepting invitations. I have always accepted them all because I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings and I like having lots of friends. I take it as a compliment when someone sends me an invitation. But maybe I should be a little more cautious in the future. Sad isn't it?
@xboxboy (5578)
yes, my uncle left mylot because not only was someone bad rating him but they were getting his discussions deleted! don't worry about a silly star rating, just have fun!
Mylot only deletes discussions that are against the guidelines. If your uncle did nothing against the rules, I would have encouraged him to write mylot. They really do restore people's deleted discussions if their mistakes are pointed out to them.
@xboxboy (5578)
my uncle got a friend to report a discussion for being comical. it got deleted.
Don't worry about it hun, the star is only a little coloured star, it really shouldn't be the cause of upset for you.
Thank you. I was really proud of my little star with a 3 until someone told me not to be. ): It is moving up though (:
@Qaeyious (2362)
A year ago my rating went from 7 to 4. Only very recently in the past two weeks or so did it climb up to 6. As long as myLot does not give us detailed communication about such incidents, I'm not going to worry about it. I must admit I posted a lot less when I had the lower rating though ., I never give anyone the [-] rating. If it's abusive, it goes through the private message to mylot as abusive.
@usmcsgtwife (4997)
I am sorry to hear that I always give you positive ratings =) even for the poeple that you respond to in your disussions, I have given people - ratings before but I have no tracked there discussions just to give them a negative rating but I must of made someone mad cause my rating points went down
Thanks for giving me ratings. I saw this morning that my star went to 4 (wow). I usually give a positive to everyone in a discussion especially if it is one of my friends. Your 10 looks pretty good to me. (: Thanks for helping me out Hugs
@RosieS57 (889)
I have seen it happen over and over again. It used to be nearly a daily event, unfortunately. I have given the minus, but only to people who are outright nasty and break the guidelines by being nasty. They often have their friends pile on and say the same things. I wouldn't waste my time with following them around -- that's silly in the extreme. I have stopped giving the minus because the 2 main offenders have cleaned up their act, therefore they don't deserve the low rating any more.
Thanks for responding. I must admit that I am really surprised that so many responses have been from people who have seen this happen. I am still in shock that some people would deliberately be so mean. I guess I am just not built that way and it really gets to me to find out that there are others who would do something like this for kicks.
@Stiletto (4584)
What usually happens is that you make someone mad so they follow all your discussions and give them a neg rating PLUS they get their friends to do the same. No-one could possibly be so childish I hear you say? Oh yes they can. I've seen with my own eyes a couple of the PM's that these idiots send to each other. Haven't you ever noticed that there are certain people on here who, when they disagree with someone, exactly the same group of people turn up to flame the person they have disagreed with? Anyway I wouldn't worry about it. The stars don't matter so just ignore them and enjoy yourself on here.
Thank you for the interesting response. I must admit that I had never paid attention to who comes into discussions. I am just now getting acquainted with some who we seem to respond to each other often. I always liked seeing someone new . I will however start watching this and if I start to see a pattern then I will probably report them to administration. Thanks again.
@ailema4ever (2675)
• Finland
WOW!!! That's tough. Sorry to hear that! I've never given anyone a negative response. If the person says bad things, then I just don't give him/her any rating. Even if a person disagrees with me, but if I find that his/her thoughts make sense and positive, I'd still rate him/her positive. Yeah, I understand what you mean. We're supposed to be able to express our opinions as long as we don't break the rules.
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
ive heard about this happening too, i guess some people really have nothing beter to do. However, mylot inform us that no single user can effect the star rating of another user. With this in mind, it looks as though you would have to upset a person and all their friends too, unless mylot are being disengenuous? blessed be
Thanks. I am disappointed that one person and his friends could just go a round giving certain individuals negative ratings. Oh well.
I don't give anyone a negative rating for simply disagreeing with me. It depends on how they do it. If it's a rational and respective argument, then that's fine. But if they are hateful or sarcastic, then I will give them a negative rating. People should just learn to respect each other's opinions.
I agree, I have only given one negative rating and it was because the guy called me a name. How rude. Thanks for responding. Have a very nice day.
@marabdl86 (615)
Fact is some people have alot of time on their hands. I can see giving someone a negative rating but to consistently keep doing it even though you didn't do anything to deserve it is extremely low. You post some good stuff and without a doubth should have 9 or 10 rating. I have to admit i let my opinion get the best of me at times that's the reason why my rating is average at best. Just keep posting and eventually the guy/gal would get tierd of it and leave you alone. :) Oh yeh! you have $2.60 ? I have over 300 posts and I just got to 2 bucks that's it negative posts for you lol