No longer holding my tongue, but holding my...finger?

I'm sure we have all been in a place where someone says something about why they don't understand this or that is happening, and you really want to say something, because YOU could definitely give them a clue! Well, sometimes I find this in MyLot. Someone only posts discussions, yet can't figure out why no one responds to them. And if they do respond to other discussions, it is not to any of the ones on their friend list. They just can't understand why they aren't making money. Are you tempted to say, try participating! Or something like that? Or when a poster deliberately starts arguments and then can't understand why their star rating keeps falling. Because it MUST be the work one of one MyLot lurker. LOL Or even when someone says they are bored and there are NO discussions to respond to, yet they have turned all their friend notifications OFF, and never bothered to look at those discussions. Do you point out what the real problem is? Do you just try to sympathize? Or do you ignore it because you're tired of that kind of stuff. Do you type a reply, or do you hold that finger back from typing what you really want to say?
@ctrymuziklvr (11059)
Shaking my head! - woman at computer shaking head
I have learned to just hold my tongue and hope they will eventually figure it out. How someone can't see what they are doing wrong is beyond me! In the beginning I would try to give the a hint but either they didn't get it or they were just writing about it for the extra pennies...I don't know.
I really like that picture, LOL.
I am like you, I start a discussion about it. All of those people are on my friend list too. I do have the option of discussing it with hubby. You have probably seen, and replied to, my discussions about why people get deleted, and how to follow the rules and good manners to your friends and how to make money. You are always good to respond to your friends. There are people in our face to face world who are just as clueless, and they do not really want the answer, they just want to voice their complaints. It is much easier to skim past them here on myLot than to walk away from them in a crowded room. I have, a time or two, been a little sharper than I should have, but since they are clueless, they usually miss the point.
Ambie my dear, It should be a rule around here to hold your finger. People cant handle the truth, it hurts their feelings. I find myself holding my finger quite a bit, but then other times I just tell them like it is. Im a very blunt and to the point kind of person. I dont think I should have to apologise for it or hold back. My Gram'ma Pearl was the same way, I guess I got it from her. I had a friend with me over at her house when we were like in 8th grade. She heard us talking about some boy, and how he hurt my friends feelings, something about making fun of how she looked, I forget, and my Gram'ma Pearl said....."Well if you didnt have all that make up on your face looking like a wh*re he might treat you better." And I laughed, my Gram'ma Pearl was right! She wore too much make up. Most of the boys made fun of her. So, do what makes you feel good I guess. lol Whatever that may be! Bay xx
@Dolcerina (3379)
• Hungary
Bayleghgray, your avatar is terrible, if you changed it your rating would be higher, I am sure.
Oh man! I wish your Grandma Pearl would have made the rounds to all the high schools. She would have warded off a whole bunch of problems!
Well Dolcerina, Heres where Im NOT going to hold my finger. If you dont like it, dont look at it. Did I complain to anyone at anytime about that stupid rating!?!?! I dont think so. Ive been here 2 months and my avatar has been up there less than 24 hours, so why dont you just hold your finger when it comes to what someone chooses for their avatar. Im not here for a star rating my dear. Its really dumb if you ask me, it doesnt define who I am. So if thats what you think the star rating is then your sadly mistaken. :) LOL Have a great day!! Bay xx
Hi AmbiePam, Honestly I just don't even bother because if you ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer lol. Obviously if people aren't participating, are bored, etc then you'd think common sence would kick in, but for some people it never does. Other ones that bug me are discussions people start boo hooing about leaving, and then only do it for sympathy, then continue to stay. I just shake my head and think ok the point of that post was what? LoL. Love & Hugzz, PurpleTeddyBear.
Ugh, the goodbye posts.
Yes, the goodbye posts. Gotta love them!
Well as you are well aware of my latest issue here I guess I will just start holding my finger LOL. I am a little disappointed that it is risky to really say what you think here, but yeah I agree, I don't understand why they would join and not want to participate. What is the fun in that. As far as some just wanting to argue, I don't have the time or desire to bother with them. There are to good of discussions here to mess with them. As well as making some very good friends that we otherwise would have never crossed paths with, there is also a lot of very valuable information on this site. There is a lot to learn from other people and their experiences, and it you don't know something it is really nice to be able to ask and get so many great ideas. I have all of my friends notifiers on and the first place I head is to my e-mail and just start down the list responding. Hugs friend
Yeah, the first discussions I answer are my friends. I don't answer any other discussions until I go through all my friend's discussions, because I have all of their notifiers on. Early on, I would just say what I wanted to say as well, but I found out I had to really watch it, or else risk getting attacked. Although, I have had my mylot friends defend me before. So that's a nice feeling, LOL.
Yeah - one for all and all for one. We will band together.
@Flight84 (3050)
That ticks me off too! I mean, try getting involved with some discussions. You have to be active. It is a discussion site after all, so discuss! I hate reading discussions from people asking why MyLot is giving them as much money. It's because they're not responding. Grrrr! :P
Exactly. I remember one time a person previously on my friend list only started discussions, she never answered other people's. And she couldn't understand why she made no money. Then just a week ago someone with 86 responses to their credit was whining about quitting because all they had made was 30 cents. Only 86 responses and they were already pulling the plug! Who said it would be easy!
Funny you should ask this question....I remember when I first started on Mylot, I read everything before I even started my first discussion...FAQ, Guidelines, What kinds of questions were posted, What was getting good responses...at least I tried to do my best. Then I started helping people after a while, offering suggestions.....hahahaha!....I gave up on that soon enough. Just the other day I went over to "new discussions", and as I was reading the titles, all I was doing was giving one liner's in my head, lol!, and yes, I was holding my finger as not to reply. And I do remember how many times, scrunching up my face and asking myself "What?????", like what the heck are you talking about?...haha.....it sure is getting tougher to hold that finger back though!
Oh yeah, you describe it exactly right!
@foxyfire33 (10009)
I have one rare occassions made the attempt to help the person out but after realizing that these are usually the same people that don't bother to read their responses I just hold my "finger" now. It's pointless to waste my time typing out advice that won't be read much less followed.
Sometimes I get the feeling they read the responses and think, 'no, that's not it.' Like it's not the answer they wanted, so therefore it must not be true.
@brendakaya (2335)
I don't usually say anything, I just hope they figure it out on their own. I have some friends on my list, like you mentioned, that, don't respond to my discussions(even though, I don't start many), and if I respond to theirs(which, they start alot), they never respond back to me. I don't like that, so I have finally decided, that I will not respond to their discussions, anymore, unless it's so interesting that I just can't resist. Now, I don't expect people to respond back to everything that I say, but an occasional response is not going to kill them, is it? As far as being bored, out of all the discussions on mylot, you can surely find a few, each day. So, I can't truly sympathize with that. lol
I know it may take a bit of searching to find a good discussion if a person is on mylot all day, but you're right, there are at least a few to be found.
@theprogamer (10539)
I do what I can to respond to friends discussions, but other times I'm going to respond to what I want. Then there are times multiple friends have multiple discussions. Worse that than, if a friend as a Legendary type discussion, it could take many minutes, even hours just to respond. And that takes time out from responding to everyone else. I've also adopted a policy of responding to discussions of members that respond to my discussions and responses to other discussions. When it comes to people going "What am I doing wrong" a few times I respond. Other times I just say forget it.
@kiobug (2250)
That is pretty dumb Ambie. I will admit since I started I have started more discussions then responded to others. But from time to time I do respond to others. I look at the discussion page and pick a few, then scrounge through the ones my friends started. Its obvious though if I dont make a lot.
I guess I tend to ignore these type of people. I feel that if they don't get the "trick" to making money in this, they will never get it. The argumenteers are too negative, the ones that never get responses are too closed-minded, and the friendless will remain that way if they don't change. I feel that if I were to take the time to say something, they probably will ignore it or make an argument out of that. If they took the time to read other discussions that are getting responses, maybe they would get the idea, but I feel that they will have to learn this for themselves.
@missybal (4492)
For the most part I hold my tongue and my fingers from typing. I have noticed that a lot of people started off here were they simply posted a couple of their own discussions and then didn't even respond to anyone else and they complain they didn't make anything. I don't get why nobody wants to work for anything any more. It's not like this site would get you rich but it pays you to type your opinions. Stop complaining, it's only a chat site.
@laurika (4536)
Specialy if they are new people here, I would help them if I can.And if they are pretty long time here I think they should figure it out by them self.
@carmelanirel (20979)
I guess I would ignore it because I had one friend who is from another country that would respond to my discussions and really didn't seem to know what he was talking about. I don't know if it was a lack of communication or he didn't know what to say. He isn't on much, so I doubt he would even see this, I think he finally gave up on mylot or maybe just my discussions. He also has not started any either, so who knows why he isn't participating anymore...
@vicki2876 (5640)
I try politely to tell them ways of earning more, like making your response descriptive and longer. Also to comment on your discussions and make good discussions, not just quick one liners because people won't respond to them. Also about the points I tell they why it happened and to watch out for very heated discussions. Stay away from discussions that you can tell will be deleted. Etc... I don't really talk bad to them because they could just be learning everything and just making mistakes. Took me a while to figure out how everything worked here too.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I just had that experience a few hours ago. One of my friends is always obsessing about what is wrong with Mylot and needs to be changed. It is really starting to get on my nerves. I got so close to deleting this person from my friends list today. I do not remember them ever responding to any of my discussions, but I get back to back stupid crappy topics in my e-mail box and it is annoying. It's like the person realizes that they are using their stupidity to earn money. Okay, I have vented enough.
@Dolcerina (3379)
• Hungary
I got tired with mylot, because it is a bigger work for me, than for you. Often it is hard to understand others' discussions, because of the Enlish language, and also it is difficult to express myself with English words. I always have to check the dictionary, and at last I think I write stupidness. But, I realized, that mylot pay less, then before. I know the rules, I understand the rating system, but it has changed. I see how my mylot friends turned away from mylot.
I'm not talking about people who have trouble with English. That would be understandable.
@terri0824 (4991)
I am the type that will delete it out of my e-mail notifications and move on to the next discussion. As well as one liner discussions, that my response would be longer than their started discussion, as well as the one's that make a statement and don't comment their thoughts about the discussion.
@nangel78 (1458)
I am learning to hold my tongue. I had dealt with enough idiots lately to just not bother with them anymore. They never get the point anyway and I do not feel like bothering with them.