What games do you play with your babies?

By Amy
Abernathy, Texas
What games do you play with your babies? Are they store bought or things you make up?
@cobradene (1171)
I had a niece who was 8 months old and I used to just make up my own stuff and she used to enjoy like anything. She was never scared of being thrown high up in the air. And also, I used you place her lying on her stomach on my legs and seesaw her a few times, and she would just go giggling. Apart from that, my father made it sure she played with wooden toys. Wooden toys they say are non-toxic.
@cobradene (1171)
Correction- I should say I have a niece and when she was 8 months old. She's 7 now.
@SViswan (12071)
Games with babies - Parents need to play with babies
My younger son is 11 months and we do play a lot together. Some toys are brought at the store and we sometimes have our own finger games with rhymes and I also make some old fashioned toys from paper and recycled stuff. We also use stuff around the house like spoons, plates, tumblers..etc. We play peek-a-boo (which he loves). The only store brought toy that he likes to play with are the nesting eggs and the telephone. Games are very important in the development of babies. They learn a lot from the interaction with adults too. So, it's not wise to just hand them toys and let them play with it. Parents need to be around to stimulate them.
• Abernathy, Texas
Sounds like you're in accord with me. Its so important to play games with your baby and so many are learning games and still fun!
@noriko (1254)
my child is only 21 month old, so most of the games we play is make up. we ran around the house. build up blocks. and stuff like he wants to do depends on his mood. mostly he enjoys peek a boo and dancing
• Abernathy, Texas
Sounds like my baby - he's almost a year - he likes dancing and peek a boo. Or sometimes I hide a stuffed toy and say - where's duck - where could he be and he look for it. As far as blocks - at this age - I build them up and he knocks them down. Even for empty and fill games - his favourite part is emptying!
@ayou82 (3460)
I play peekaboo with my baby..and see her giggling and laughing..And see her smile then laugh again. I dont know why kids love that if eel like im a clown sometimes.
@SViswan (12071)
My younger son is 11 months and we do play a lot together. Some toys are brought at the store and we sometimes have our own finger games with rhymes and I also make some old fashioned toys from paper and recycled stuff. We also use stuff around the house like spoons , plates, tumblers..etc. We play peek-a-boo (which he loves). The only store brought toy that he likes to play with are the nesting eggs and the telephone. Games are very important in the development of babies. They learn a lot from the interaction with adults too. So, it's not wise to just hand them toys and let them play with it. Parents need to be around to stimulate them.
@wmaharper (2316)
Well, my oldest isn't really a baby anymore (he's three) but when he was younger we would dance together, play peekaboo, patty cake, and chase each other around the house or yard, my youngest is technically a toddler, but we play those games as well. They both love to play with me and my husband. I don't think it matters if you buy them something or make something up as long as you are spending quality time with them. One of our favorite things to do, is go outdoors and look for leaves, that's how I taught my oldest son his colors, from being outdoors, and teaching him that the grass was green, the bark on the tree was brown, that the sky was blue etc. I hope to begin doing that with my 14 month old soon too.