Suicide dolphins

@LittleMel (14055)
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/071029/world/iran_environment_pollution_fishing this is bad. I've never heard or read anything like it. have you? why would animals in the wild commit suicide? sure they are highly intelligent so why would they do it? Is this some kind of protest or maybe warning of some kind? what do you think
@polachicago (19075)
They are doing it because they are highly intelligent. They don't have pain pills. In wild weak animals can be destroyed by predators. I would rather die on the beach than be eaten alive by shark... Dolphins know people and I wouldn't be surprised if they want to protest.......they are smarter than many people think......
@LittleMel (14055)
I don't think sharks are why they do this though. if it's true they would've done this again and again and it would've been reported before. I think it's more of a protest
@polachicago (19075)
it is possible...and very sad...
@adidas7878 (2013)
well maybe was something else, maybe they senese things that we cant. and they are force out of the water, whatever it is, i think we human need to look into it.
@suspenseful (40316)
It could be that they have an instinct of knowing that something is wrong inside of their bodies. Maybe their sonar is messed up. It is like those whales that beach themselves. Normally the dolphins would know not to go too close to shore, but if their sonar does not work, either because they are going blind or the water is so bad that it affects their radar, then they will go towards the beach. The only way to know if dolphins are intelligent, have a mind comparable to man, is for them to be equipped with speech. that means someone will have to capture one or a few, operate on their throat so that they have vocal chords and then wait for them to speak. Of course, they will no longer be able to swallow food whole.
@LittleMel (14055)
I'm not sure about dolphins more intelligent than humans but there are already numerous studies on them showing they are intelligent. I just hope this was not a sign that the world is going to end a lot sooner than I thought.