People in your Neighborhood..

@raijin (10373)
Hello all, I hope everybody's doin' fine!;) I just thought about this after having conversations with my neighbor, since yesterday was holiday here in our place for the community election. It is held every three years here, to vote for community and youth organization leaders as well. Glad to know that our community leader is just blcoks away from our house, as I don't have any idea who won for the youth leader since it is not my concern anymore!;) Anyway, I would just like to ask how well you know your neighbors. For example, I have a neighbor who is a cop and is always there to lend his service whenever he was asked to. I also have a neighbor who is sort of a handy man, just call him and he'll come to repair your household stuffs and other appliances. So, what about your neighborhood guys? This is one way for us to have a community that is working harmoniously together, who are always willing to assist those who are in dire need of help. Just like the songs, "do you know where you're going to" (when in need of help) and "who you gonna call?"LoL Please share, have a great day and bless you all!;)
@roniroxas (10576)
by reading your discussion the first thing that came into my mind is the song at sesame street "who are the people in your neighborhood," then as years go by Batibot copied it as "ako ang kapitbahay....kapitbahay nyo...." do you remember those songs? well i have 2 new neighbors and they are all busy with their lives. i just hope as days goes by we can make a point to know each other better.
@raijin (10373)
Hehehe! I will never forget those shows and their songs, no matter how old I become!;) Yes, there's a time for all of you to get properly acquianted with each other!;)
@roniroxas (10576)
hahaha yes jdpartosa that song has different versions.
@raijin (10373)
I know another version of that song, but I'd rather not share it here since it has double meanings!LoL
@Darkwing (21588)
I live in a small village, so I know virtually every resident here. lol. We have all sorts of tradesmen, such as carpenters, builders, painters, tree surgeons, lawyers, policemen both under cover and high ranking officers, and I get on well with all of them. Only recently, the local tree surgeon, Danny, gave me lots of slices of wood from trees he'd cut down, to use for my new hobby, pyrography. He didn't charge, and at Yule, he will get me a Yule log, so yes, some neighbours can be very helpful, and some are just your friends. I get on well with all of them. Brightest Blessings.
@raijin (10373)
Now that's good neighborhood and I like also the healthy relationship you have with each other, it's almost the same as what we have here in my place!;) I'm not much familiar of pyrography, but I think it has something to do both with Fire and art?!=) I'll take a little searching on that one, I do love cooking foods through wood that I'm sure you also do. Blessings to you as always my friend, and may you have a great day as well..
@Darkwing (21588)
Yes, we have a very friendly village community, and most of them are willing to help out. There are the odd few who move in from far-flung towns, which we call "townies". Most of those work at Gatwick Airport in some capacity and are a bit aloof, but hey... pass them on the street and you just say hi, or good morning, the same as with those you know well! Pyrography is the art of burning designs onto wood, yes, you are quite right. Naturally, the wood is a very expensive commodity to buy ready sanded and shaped for your work, and I prefer the "rustic" look, so I get fresh-cut wood from Dan, dry it out in the shed, then sand and smooth it ready to work on. The design is burnt onto the wood, and then varnished. It's a very gratifying pastime. Brightest Blessings, my friend. x
@raijin (10373)
Okay, I've seen the art of Pyrography and I knew that I've seen some of them already, yet I don't know what they were called then. It's really a nice piece work of art, as it's not really that simple to do it!;) I remember one time training in a vessel were my father used to work, we have foreign co-workers also. We greet and address each other with names, though we're not totally acquainted with each other. Which makes me think, that it's really nice to be with folks who acknowledges without thining who your are and where you from!;)
@artemis432 (7474)
• Abernathy, Texas
I'm in the process of moving, but as far as my house on base, I'm very shy in this kind of situation. So although the rest of our neighbors in my tiny cul-de-sac - new and old are friendly and get together for barbeques and such, I'm always left out. Everyone's kids play together and I always see the neighbors hanging out together. I think at first, when my baby had colic, they didn't know I was there. One neighbor talked to me once and she told me that she thought my husband was single. I was a walking zombie when we first moved in because my baby was up crying day and night from colic. So maybe the moment for them to be neighborly passed. For they must be with others, as its a military base so people move in and out of our cul-de-sac and the new folks become part of the crowd. I guess this is fine with me as I suffer from migraines so I don't like to hang out outide when I have one.
@raijin (10373)
I'm not much aware of colic, but I've heard that it was about infant's too much crying. Well I guess there's nothing wrong with what you're doing, since you need to focus all your attention to your child and also your health condition. Let's just hope that your neighbors understands your situation as well, since it is not your choice to stay indoors most of the times!;) Goodluck, I hope that you and your family will always be in good health!;)
@raijin (10373)
Thank you for taking time again in providing another information about your conditions and situation, I just hope that your new place would do good for your family!;) So hubby's Asian too, I'm from Asia as well, from the Philippines!;)
@peanutjar (5211)
Hi raijin:)Our neighbour beside us on the right is an electrician,the one on the left repairs 4 wheelers,motorcycles,lawn mowers,dirk bikes and snow blowers,the one across the road has a bottle redemption center/recycle center,the other neighbour besides the the lawn mower repairer is a truck/car painter restyler,the one across from him is a shoe maker(haha),another one is a forest ranger,the one down the road 4 houses on my right side is a excavation worker,the one 5 houses has a strawberry farm,another one is a potatoe farmer and the others are mostly transport drivers who work in the woods here hauling wood. My star is going down fast since yesterday.I went down 4 points in 1 day,hahahahaBummer:):):) Peanutjar:)
@raijin (10373)
That's great, I hope they help are willing to help in case you need some assistance eh?!;) Your neighborhood seems busy, just like what we have here in my place. Right now, a new housing area is being built here. Construction is busy and can be disturbing at mornings too, since their heavy machinery are loading and discharging contruction equiptments. I just seen your star right now, I don't know why you suddenly dropped into red. I guess it's those 4 deleted posts, is what made you drop from 10 to 9. Just keep on posting, don't mind much about it as I'm sure you'll get it back again to a 10!;)
@peanutjar (5211)
Oh it doesnt bother me anymore,its not the star that counts,its the person behind it that does and i now im a good person with a "GOLD"star,hahahaha.Just like you raijin!:):)So we have to be careful who we respond too?as not to get the response deleted? Peanutjar:)
@raijin (10373)
Yes, you got it all right!;) Since these deletions happens at any time of the day, might as well be careful and hope that this irregularities gets fixed. In which I am sure will not(LoL), just try not to think about the star and focus on what you've said (the people behind the stars). =) Please wait for my PM, I'll share you something about my sunday and monday EARNING experience here!LoL
@mari_skye (1638)
This is a bit embarassing but I really don't know my neighbors that much. I have been renting my place for about a year now, but since I am only home on Sundays and visiting my parents during holidays, there is really not much time to get in touch with my neighbors. Although I am really thankful to have some neighbors, so that at least I have someone to run to during emergencies, like when I was locked in the CR.
@raijin (10373)
It's good that your neighbors are there when you really need them, as you can surely count on them!;) But I know that your neighbors understand you, you're busy with work and the only time you go home is to rest and relax..
@tryxiness (4548)
I envy you. For more than ten years now, I have been moving from different points here in Manila, and rarely, have i really established such connections with my neighbors either because I do not go out a lot and make an effort to be friends with them nor do i arrive at home on a decent time. But, when I was younger, I know who to call when we need something like plumbing, or carpentering. Sometimes, I mainly rely on friends who can recommend whom we can turn to. :P
@raijin (10373)
I guess the most important thing is, you know the local authorities in your place. So when asked about your referrence, you can simply name some that are known in your neighborhood.
@maddysmommy (16236)
The neighbor on my right is a lovely asian lady who I have met several times. She lives on her own as her husband passed away a few years back. The neighbor across the hall I have only met once - a young professional couple who keep to themselves. The neighbour right across from us I hardly ever see. The only other neighbor that visits me regularly is my neighbor that lives downstairs. She is home all day while her husband works. I live in a four storey apartment complex and there are a few young couples and elderly as well - a few newborns too. Not many children my sons age around us though, only in the townhouses next to us. I don't even know what their professions are either! Everyone tends to keep to themselves.
@raijin (10373)
Sounds like you have a very busy neighbors, I'm not used to that since I always like to get to know people around me!;)
The neighbor to one side of me is a cop. He gave me a ticket for an expired inspection sticker. He kept calling me ma'am. I reminded him what my name was the day before he gave me the ticket and suggested that he might have found a more neighborly approach. He doesn't like me anymore since I accused him of inhumane practices when one of my kitties got caught in the steel trap he had set in his garden to catch 'critters' The 90 year old woman across the street, who likes to shoot things that annoy her, came and told me that if my cat jumped on her car one more time she was gonna kill it. Another neighbor, who doesn't like anyone in our family because "they don't like no outsiders comin' in and takin' what's thars" threatened to take a baseball bat to my dog because he peed on her bush on our way past their house one day. I've decided that me and my pets can get along much better without any neighbors. In the meantime I set up a tent in the wilderness because in my opinion bears, rattlesnakes and mountain lions make much better neighbors.
@raijin (10373)
It's really hard to live along with these types of neighbors, who don't care much about others. I'm sorry about this, being in a hostile neighborhood isn't really that worth living with. On the other hand, I loved the way you look at this. As for me, I'd be the one to tell those neighbors that they go look for a place where they think they can live their lives they wanted to.
@SViswan (12072)
Neighbours - Help each other in times of need.
I know most of my neighbours (maybe because I am a stay at home mom). I know who to go to for what. But most of the time I find that people come to me for help..lol. Again, maybe because I'm the one who is home most of the time (now that I have a baby, I'm always home). Even earlier, when I was working or had more free time than the rest of the people out here, people would ask me to run small errands for them. I don't mind and I enjoy doing it. In turn, they would babysit my son when I needed to leave him home. Most of us stay far away from family and we turn to each other for help when we need it. So, now our neighbours are like family for us.
@raijin (10373)
That's a good neighborhood you got out there, it's really important to establish good relationships with them and the thought that treating them as family is already enough to understand how good your community loves to work for each other!;)
@rimsha (806)
• Pakistan
In my neighborhood there are very good people.
@raijin (10373)
Thank you for the very wellput and senseful response, enjoy posting!LoL
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
H raijin, here in my neighbor my ex-husband aunt and cousin are in politics, yesterday his aunt won for a kagawad service, and his cousin is a barangay police so whenever we are in trouble or we need there assistance we can easily approach them.
@raijin (10373)
It seems like you have the right people on your back, I hope that they provide more assistance to the whole community and serve their best to help others as well!;)