What are the several benefits of having library materials in electronic format?

By joy
@MGjhaud (20672)
One thing is the efficiency because I experience it myself as a student. It’s really faster searching something in an electronic format than in books. What do you think?
@milott (2648)
Only one such benefit I could think of could be that it can be retrieved anytime we want and don't have to rely on books and go to library each time to look at any info that we were looking for.
For me being off campus (apartment), one benefit of having library materials in e-format is convenience. I attend North Carolina State University and we call our electronic materials "e-reserves". We just go to our library website and do a search. The one drawback is that some of the materials are password protected and only reserved for certain classes. However, another benefit is that you don't have to search through hundreds of dirty old huge journals to find an article when that particular article can be found online and printed straight from your printer. I am a graduate student so this has particularly been helpful to me. And like you said, electronic formatted materials make things more efficient.
@wasons (303)
hello mgjhaud! as then development of computer and software,it is more convenient reading a electronic book (e-book) than the traditional books.the benefits i think as below: first,we can read a e-book wherever and whenever as long as we load it down in my computer or mobile phone;second,we can search the imformation easily in the electronic format;third,it is easily to keep the e-books well and needn't spend much space for it.