I can barely walk a block with all this weight gained

I was at my gastric doctor's office today. I was shame for not being able to breath in these pants. I could not wait to get them off my back. I found out today just how much of my favorite food will go by by. I am all for the surgery and hope to have it before Christmas. What is a person to do when walking becomes painful?
@soccermom (3200)
Gifts, please don't take this as being cold hearted, but I think if it pains you to walk you need to keep walking. If you stop the problem is not going to get any better, and the exercise is good for you. I have a friend that had the surgery and it was a struggle for her, but the end result was worth it. Keep your chin up and stay positive, it's not going to be easy but I think your health is worth it
@marabdl86 (615)
That's why I went on a diet. but In no way am i out of shape where surgery is needed. So you're saying you get tierd walking as if you're running? If that's the case that can't be at all good. I wish you the best and hopefully you'll loose a few pounds before the year is over :) goodluck
@kbkbooks (7030)
I totally understand how you feel. People are very unfeeling when they think they are making suggestions to help, and they don't seem to realize it. I am not big enough to be considered a candidate for bypass surgery. I am however about 30 lbs over my most comfortable weight. I know well the discomfort of not being able to fit into the clothes I like and not being able to eat what I want. I used to walk 3 miles a day and was in really good shape. It seems that very "suddenly" I started to have terrible back and leg pain. It took over 2 years to diagnose it as arthrosis that cannot be fixed. Because of the pain, combined with the side effects from the meds I need to take, I gained a lot of weight. I am all the time having people telling me to get more exercise, to walk more, to eat a certain way. My doctor says I am doing all the right things and all the things in my capability, and not to listen to those with "helpful suggestions". Regardless of what others might "suggest", I believe you are RIGHT to see your doctor and get help learning how to eat and possibly having surgery if your doctor approves. I pray your efforts will be fruitful, and that you will have the strength to do what you need to do.