Do you have a basement or cellar?

Our basement is huge! - basement room
My building has a basement with our washers and dryers in it and we all store our things down there. It's a very large room and some of us store some of our things along one of the walls. Do you have a basement or cellar? Do you store items there or do you have a washer and dryer there?
@CatsandDogs (13964)
No we sure don't but wish we did. They're nice to have however we have an upstairs and we have storage rooms along the walls. It's an A frame shaped area so there's two doors on each end of the room which opens up to storage areas. It's great to store our holiday decorations and what not. Our washer and dryer is in the mud room on the same floor as our living space which is very convinent for us so we don't have to climb stairs like we did when we lived in Arkansas in which we had a basement there or rather a double car garage that was separated by a wall. Half was air conditioned and the other wasn't but it had a drive through garage door so if we wanted to drive into the back yard, we could've. I loved that house except for the washer and dryer being downstairs. Oh well, can't have it all, right? LOL unless that is, we have the house we want built the way we want it but that takes MONEY, something we don't have at the moment.
@lilybug (21148)
We have a partially finished walk out basement. I am actually in the basement right now. We have our computers, a television, a bookcase, a few couches, a fireplace, and a bathroom. We are also finishing up a bedroom down here. It is drywalled and painted now we just need to put up the baseboards and the door frame. The other part that is not finished is the sewing room, a storage room, and the dogs room. The dog room just has a concrete floor with a drain in the middle for washing it down. Our washer and dryer are upstairs off the kitchen.
@THKOhio (330)
We have a basement in our house. One side is my laundry room, and the other is for storage. It's a dark, cold, gloomy place, so I try not to spend any more time down there than I absolutely have to, you know?
we have a cellar but we are refinidhing it to be our family/play room right now the only things we have done there are things stored in the closet, holdiay decorations, seasonal items etc but the rest is still to be finished we need to paint the walls and install a rug and then add the furniture and toys!
@maddysmommy (16236)
Our building has a basement/garage for our vehicles and storage units as well as trash rooms. Our apartment has its own washer and dryer which I find very convenient and that I don't have to leave the house to do my washing.
@webeishere (36353)
i HAVE BOTH A BASEMENT AND AN ATTIC/CELLAR. tHE TYPICAL WASHER & DRYER IN THE BASEMENT. iT ALSO HAS AN EXTRA BEDROOM IN THE BASEMENT. tHE REST OF THE BASEMENT IS UNFINISHED. nOTHING IN THE ATTIC. happy poastings from grandpa bob ~~!
@jennybianca (12915)
No, most Australian homes don't have a basement or cellar. I'm not sure why not? It would be very useful to have one. I can us storing all sorts of rubbish in a basement. I have seen some basements in other countries which people make into separate rooms. They are a very good idea. The encyclopedia says this about basements: A basement is one or more floors of a building that are either completely or partially below the ground floor. Slab-on-grade buildings do not have basements. Basements are typically used as a utility space for a building where such items as the furnace, water heater, car park, and air-conditioning system are located; so also are amenities such as the electrical distribution system, and cable television distribution point. In British English the word 'basement' is rarely used and the word 'cellar' is used to apply to any such large underground room."
@worldwise1 (14887)
I am sure that our building has a basement, ctry, but I have never been down there-and don't plan to. Basements give me the creeps. We dispose of our trash by means of those chutes. Each floor has what we call a "trash room." There are no storage facilities on the premises.