Do you enjoy eating out or would you rather save the money?

@coffeebreak (17820)
Senario: You go to a resturant and pay $12 for a dinner and a drink at $2.50 for total $14.50 - for a meal for one. You get meat salad and potatoe. First for $2.50 you could buy a 24 pak case of soda to last you 24 meals, instead of one drink (okay you do get refills, but for one meal). Generally speaking you can buy a pice of meat, potatoe,lettuce etc - the same things that you got at the resturant for most likely less than half the price you paid for it at the resturant. You could spend that $12 and buy enough food to make at 2-3 meals at home for yourself. Okay, granted you have to do the work, but at the same time - how much do you want to save money over doing a little bit of "work" to make it yourself. Poll: how badly do you want to save money, knowing that you could save that money for something you realy want or just to pay a bill or get out of debt instead of just spending it for about 45 minutes - 1 hour of being waited on? Is it worth it to you to have that 45 minutes or would you rather have the money to spend on something else you could have longer or would mean more or be more useful?
@dreamy1 (3815)
Given the choice I'd always rather eat out but I can't since I am trying to save money. The last couple of weeks I haven't cooked much at all because I just don't feel like it one bit so I have been eating out more.
We very rarely go out to eat. We only go if all the bills are paied and the kids are taken care of. I think of it this way. I could spend say 30$ for two to eat out. That would be a package of diapers, wet wipes, and dinner for a night! Its so not worth going out to eat. I feel I can cook a good meal at home for a fraction of the prce! I would rather make sure everything was taken care of at home and save the money.
@coffeebreak (17820)
I am exactly this same way. $30 for a single meal, where's the enjoyment in that! So much more I could do with it!