Help! My hamster is going blind!

@Ysera324 (237)
Her eyelids are sticking together and she's losing weight. She's also not as active as she used to be. In fact, she only stays in one corner. I searched the internet for "hamster blindness" and one article said that a hamster's eyesight is poor to begin with and blindness will not affect it as it uses its hearing and sense of smell to locate food. But my hamster is certainly weaker. She won't eat and I think she can't locate the water because when I brought it near to her, she started drinking greedily. Help!
If she was going blind the eyelids wouldnt close. It sounds to me like she has a respitory infection. The eyes are gunky and crusty, Lose of appitite and decreased activity. She is sick not going blind. Heres some info I found for you: ~Respiratory Infections: hamsters can get respiratory infections that can lead to pneumonia. Signs include sneezing, discharge from eyes or nose, wheezing and labored breathing. Occasional sneezing is not too worrisome, but if there is any loss of appetite, decreased activity, wheezing or difficulties breathing, immediate veterinary attention should be sought. ~Wet Tail: This is a highly contagious disease, and most common in recently weaned hamsters. The cause is uncertain, but a bacteria may be involved, and in some cases the disease is associated with stress, crowding, and diet changes. Affected hamsters may die very quickly, exhibiting signs such as diarrhea (causing wetness around the tail), lethargy, loss of appetite, and ruffled coat. Note: not all hamsters with diarrhea have this disease, see below. ~Diarrhea: a number of infections can cause diarrhea (including but not limited to wet tail), along with diet changes and treatment with antibiotics. Over feeding vegetables and other fresh foods is a fairly common cause of diarrhea, but in this case there is usually no loss of appetite or decrease in activity. Dehydration is a real concern, so make sure the hamster is drinking if diarrhea occurs, and a veterinarian should be consulted. With diarrhea, withhold fresh foods for a few days and resume only if the diarrhea is completely resolved, and start back onto fresh foods slowly. Im sorry your hamster is sick. She needs to see a vet RIGHT AWAY!!
Aww! That is so terrible :( I'm so sorry you lost her! The loss of any pet is terrible, I understand that!! You must have cared a lot about her to do this stuff for her, and I'm sure she appreciated it!
Awww Im sorry Hun!! Thats such a bummer.
• Norway
oh did you visit any veterinarian..lokks like serious to me..better be quick
You def. should talk to a vet about your hamster. Someone who can give you a professional theory about your poor hamster condition. I have had many hamster in the past, and this never happened to any of them. Talk to you vet, fast!