I'm a little confused, what happened to Thanksgiving?

@jovimom (1576)
This year TV and stores have been really bad about jumping straight to X-mas after Halloween. Did everyone forget there is another holiday still?! It's always rush-rush, but this year is the worst by far in my opinion. I like x-mas, but I don't like feeling rushed like I have to go out and start shopping. For one thing, I'm no longer working since right after x-mas last year. So this will be my 1st year not being able to help in that department, so it's gonna be a rough one. Anyone else feeling "shoved" into Christmas?
@maddysmommy (16233)
Yup its the last thing I want to think about at the moment because its encouraging my son to say to me EVERYDAY "mom can I get this, can i have this" blah blah blah. I am tired of telling him that its not Christmas yet geez LOL
@maddysmommy (16233)
Yup same goes for us - we have a wedding to go to next year so we are saving up hard for that as its in the Cook Islands and it costs more than several arms and legs to get us there :)
@howard96h (11658)
• New York, New York
Now that you mention it your right, everyone and everything has jumped right to Christmas. I have seen nothing on TV about Thanksgiving. Here in NYC at Rockefeller Center they put up a big Christmas tree each year in December and I was shocked to learn they are putting up on November 28th. They have never put it up this early before, I am feeling shoved into it.
@jovimom (1576)
See what I mean! My husband also thinks Christmas is being rushed this year. I've already seen jewelry x-mas commercials!
@tsgirl01 (900)
Christmas is coming too quickly! And I feel the same as you do. I even went to another state last week and their Christmas decorations are up in Macy's windows and on some streets. I have seen the Christmas commercials too. My granddaughter gave me her lists already! Me, I want to concentrate on my turkey dinner for Thanksgiving! Take care...