Its Maggie Again

@TerryZ (22083)
Oh geez! Some of you may remember last week Maggie my cat was hiding in the closet. I just chalked it up to being moody because she is a very moody cat. Now this morning I walked up to her and she hissed at me. She has been hissing at her sister Molly and poor Molly just looks at her. Maybe Maggie needs glasses. Do you think?
@faith210 (11233)
Hi TerryZ! I think Maggie wants some time alone...maybe trying to meditate or reflect on her life, how dieting would really affect her. haha.. Maggie is having a bad day, I guess. Poor Molly! Please do post some updates on her because Maggie and Molly really amuse me and they are really adorable. haha.. Take care and have a nice day.
@TerryZ (22083)
Awwww thanks faith.LOL I sat a patted Maggie this morning and seems to be okay. Shes not doing very good on her diet thou. I know Molly just looks at Maggie when she hisses at her. Like what are you hissing at I didnt do anything.heheheheh I think Mags just wanted some attention.LOL
@faith210 (11233)
Hi TerryZ! Wow, Molly will get jealous now because Maggie got your attention. haha.. :)
Our guest cat hisses at us when she has had enough of being petted. She will sit contentedly for a few minutes and when she has had enough she will turn and give a vicious hiss our way. Do you think that Maggie is in pain? She seems to be exhibiting actions of an injured animal. You should take her to a vet to see if there is something wrong with her. I know you stated that money is tight, but perhaps your vet could work out a payment plan for you.
@pyewacket (44036)
Hehe--my black cat Pyewacket is like that...and I sometimes just love to egg him on. I'll go over and give kisses to him and he puts up with it just for so long and then he hisses at me..
@TerryZ (22083)
Maggie did hurt her leg a couple of years ago maybe its bothering her. That could be if she keeps it up I will call the vet. thanks for your help.
@3lilangels (4639)
awww i hope she is ok and gets better soon,i hate to hear when animals dont feel well or something is wrong with them.it might be because she doesnt feel good or she has something wrong with her,just keep a eye on her and if she doesnt do it again she might just be in a mood.but i would have her checked out though.pattie
@TerryZ (22083)
Yea I might have to take her to the vet.
@webeishere (36353)
cATS GET INTO MOODS AND DO STRANGE THINGS BUT THESE DO PASS WITH TIME. mAYBE SHE IS JUST DEPRESSED LATELY. i'D WAIT ON A VET VISIT. aS LONG AS SHE APPEARS HEALTHY AND EATS ETC WAIT A BIT AND SEE WHAT TRANSPIRES.
@gabs8513 (48716)
Wow is she normally like that Sweetie as I think that is a bit strange I hope she is ok
@TerryZ (22083)
I know She seems okay today. I gave her a bath yesterday and after the bath she was happy. Go figure!LOL
Glasses or an anti-depressant. I always notice when my vet has prescribed medication for my dog, it's always human medicine, just in tiny forms. So who knows, maybe an anti-depressant would make her social and happy again. LOL, she can have part of mine. : )
@TerryZ (22083)
Oh geez! I just gave her bath and she seem real happy now. I dont know she is driving me nuts.
@webeishere (36353)
Get a dog. They'll never come out of the closet. HAHAHAHA!! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@TerryZ (22083)
Oh your funny! No Ive had my dogs. No more for me.LOL
@usmcsgtwife (4999)
maybe thats where the mouse is and she thinks you are going to take her food away?
@TerryZ (22083)
Hmmmmm I know shes been trying to get it because shes on the chair I put in the kitchen when I wake up. I think shes pissed that she cant get it.LOL
@pyewacket (44036)
I was diligently hunting around for an answer to this..and found something closet to your problem with Maggie. It's from this website http://www.purinaone.com/online_vet_cat_qa_archive_category.asp?vetChooser=2&category=Why+does+my+cat%3F&dp=xx (Quote) My cat hisses at my husband or me for no reason at all. My husband said it becoming more frequent with him. He said he could just walk pass her and she hisses. Why is she doing this? Cats will usually hiss when they are frightened or anxious. Many different things can cause anxiety in our companions. Changes in scheduling, changes in household composition, loud noises and health problems all can contribute to anxiety. It sometimes helps to create a quiet, secure location for the cat with food, water and a litter box where she can remain until she is calm and quiet. If the behavior changes also accompany changes in eating or activity, then a veterinary examination would be prudent. Okay I'll play the role of kitty psychiatrist....I forget now..how long has it been since you moved...and how long has Maggie been doing this hissing business. It could be stress from the move still for Maggie..who knows...if you can though and can somehow wing it maybe a vet's visit would be wise...I would hate to think she might be in some kind of pain or something. Does she let you pet her? Does she hiss at any particular area of her body when you pet it??
@TerryZ (22083)
Thanks my sister for that information and I will check it out. She will let me pet her and brush her. That was the first time she ever hissed at me. But everytime she walks by her sister Molly she hisses at her. And Molly did nothing wrong. Yesterday afternoon I gave Maggie a bath and afterwards she was happy again. I dont know these kids are driving up a wall.LOL
@pyewacket (44036)
Aww--gee thank you for best response :) Could it be a case of sibling rivalry..LOL My two kitties aren't exactly palsy walsy with one another either and yikes they do compete for my attention especially his royal highness, Pyewacket--if I dare to talk to Kissy, he has to come running over and pushes her out of the way, and she's a bit intimidated by him, and every once in awhile they do give a hit to one another...yeesh..children!
@williamjisir (22903)
Hello Terriz. Maggie is a moody cat? What if she wears a pair of glasses? Do you think that it will feel uncomfortable if she has to? lol. It would be funny for Cat Maggie to wear the glasses.
@TerryZ (22083)
Hi williamjisir well Maggie doesnt have good eyesight. And I think she just wanted some attention from me.LOL Molly and Maggie get jealous of each other. Yes Ive spoiled them rotten.hehehehehe
Hi Terry, I hope your cats okay! It could be that she's just being moody, everyone knows cats are one of the moodiest animals on the planet lol. Luv & Hugzz, Your Friend, PurpleTeddyBear.
@TerryZ (22083)
hi Purple I guess she is just being moody like you said.LOL
@kemadruma (148)
maybe she is not happy with u because u chalked her up and to Molly because she enjoyed it, well it happens with me , when i return home after a month or so, my dog doesn't recognize me and barks until i touch him and say "hi"